The Twins

Looks terrific so far! Love the inlays, unique and stylish.

As far as the treble horn is concerned, this is MERELY a hypothetical what-if, and done in MS PAINT, If you wanted a more streamlined shape or whatever. Its your build, your style, and looks great as is, just offering a different view.

treblecut.png

You think that looks hairy,you should have seen me bookmatch the piece before inlaying it

Hope it looks good,,,hard to get it in there without gaps,so I hope the red dust I used to pigment the epoxy doesn't look too awkward

8100_442663282440998_238989093_n.jpg

As you can see this is the neck I haven't sanded down yet.I am trying all my new stuff on it before tackling the other neck.I want to make sure my buddy gets the better of the two

Also I am testing out the branding thing...I need to decide on a custom logo and get a brand made up for it..i like the look and the simplicity

This is just a "standard" brand with my name put on it.It is a bit uneven because i don't think I spread the heat evenly.If I start doing this a lot I will get a torch to heat the iron

539221_442667632440563_1972384976_n.jpg

I will sand this one off on final sanding and do it better

So I finally got around to ordering the custom branding head,which I will start to use on future guitars...I really dislike the whole inlaying into the headstock process,but I sketched something up for a "logo" and sent it over for the artists at the site to rework

405363_442695662437760_2115041802_n.jpg

I did away with the outline of the head and inserted my initials into the image,plus just put the name around it,which is I figure appropriate for me :P

Okay,so I think I made a few stupid mistakes on the first attempt...mistake #1 was I tried to make it too small for the tools I have at my disposal,#2 I used bubinga,which is way too difficult to carve the lines into and so the lines were not even visible in the face,and #3 I made a sloppy fit...this is the first time I have inlayed into maple and it isn't very forgiving at all.Live and learn

So I have a larger attempt here,into a scrap of mahogany I had lying around

422272_443023662404960_125701452_n.jpg

I am going to do the horns separately because they look stupid the same color as the head IMO...

Whatever,dude...I have a very nice scrollsaw,but as I told you before a scrollsaw is much tougher than a bandsaw because of the upstroke where the blade tries to grab the piece you are holding.If it works for you,then fine,but maybe you just aren't that good with a small bandsaw.

I don't even know why you focus on the part that works just fine...the problem I have is with the carving of the holes to put the inlay in,not the making of the inlay.Bandsaw is superior IMO because of the blade only going one direction,end of story. :peace

I cut out a goat's head in about 2 minutes

I tell you what is killing me STILL is the carving of the hole...I was going pretty clean and all of the sudden a piece tore out...hopefully I can get the piece stuffed back in there invisibly.

It won't matter a bit how pleased I am with the shape of the goat head if there is an ugly line of uneven glue all around it....ebony is so much easier...

No doubt i have not had good luck with a scroll saw...I have spent hours on mine building special boards to help support the pieces right against the blade and buying different blades only to have tiny pieces ripped out of my fingers and split...

but I found on my small bandsaw that if I use that extra support board I show in that one pic that I can move the piece lightly against the blade and I can even shave off tiny little pieces wherever I want.All I have to do is watch where I place my fingers,but in truth I feel safer with the bandsaw in that way too,because it won't try to suck the piece away from me and pull my fingers in the way the scrollsaw has