New Old Guy Glad To Be Here

After lurking about for a bit and thought it time that I register and become part of this amazing site. I've learned a lot from browsing the various posts and have much, much more to learn. I've been trying to play guitar for almost 30 years and been tinkering with them, on some level, for just as long. Still not very good at either but still trying anyway.

I'm in the process of starting my first foray into semi-hollow electrics: a relatively nice ES335 clone kit. I've built a few Strat clones in the past, some from bits & pieces, a couple with homemade bodies & purchased necks. One day I hope to find the time to build a few different guitars entirely myself except, maybe, some of the hardware. In the meantime I'll have plenty of reading to do & questions to ask of y'all.

I'm familiar with most of the tools & processes through my career (woodworking tools, CNC & manual mills, spraying lacquers & urethanes, yada, yada, yada) but never really found the time to get as deep into guitar making as I've wanted. Here's hoping I can change that!

Cheers-

Dan