Benedetto Style Build

Just one pic Deanoh? Jeez what a teez. The ambition and patience you guys have with these hollow bodies and acoustics leaves me in awe. I like the sound holes and it looks like you've got something interesting going on with a diferent kind of wood on the treble side of the top?

Moar pics! This is going to be good.

SR

Wow. :blink:

Dude, I'm impressed. some of your curves go a little free form on you, but that kind of gives it a bohemian art deco sort of vibe. The headstock in particular came out verrrrry nice. What did you use to finish it?

SR

I am Useing tung oil ,I am in the finish process on that.i refined the head stock and all the lines.i gave the top a shadowed 335 look by carving the top bout the way I did.The f holes are going to be my sig going forward on this type of archtop.the pic so far are early ones, I will take more soon.

Muzz, thanks for the kind words.The last three days ,I have been working on the set- up.Fine tuning the nut a, and intonation , seems to be dead on.I plugged it in ,too..damn , what a Erie feeling, it came to life.I could feel the wood breath and start to open up.I put 13 's on it,pics to come .Thanks again ,Muzz.

• 2 weeks later...

That is great! Was it a commission, or did you just go with an idea?

The curves in the top are impressive! How did you get them so smooth with no tear-out or feathering?

I haven't been around for a few months, too busy building, buy I'm really glad I spotted this one. Not too many of us archtop guys ;)

Idmicheal, thanks for looking.No , this was not commissioned.i spent a year or so just learning on this build.I like archtops ,so I decided to make one .This is the first one I have made.The curves and lines were done with scrapers ,chisels, and a lot of sanding.The top wood had a split in it ,you can see a bit of different wood on one side of the top in one of the pictures.Everything was done by hand, some things were done more then once.Again thanks for looking.

Everything was done by hand, some things were done more then once.

Yep, that's kinda how it goes. I love doing stuff by hand, it just feels so much better, and it's quieter :peace

I'd love to see a full build thread on the next one if you're so inclined. It's always great to see how other people do things, especially if you do it mostly be hand.