Floyd'ed LP

fidgec94

I guess i can see why it'd be popular, dive-bombing and the like is something you'll never do on an ordinary gibbo.

I tend to associate floyd's with mean, metal-type folk and despite the LP being very diverse, i still see it as a mellower looking instrument. Hmmm, I'll sleep on it a bit more!

Yeah, i dont think i explained myself very well B)

I guess im just used to seeing LP's with TOM, not Floyds. No doubt a LP can do mean stuff, but when i see a LP with a heritage burst or fancy headstock inlay (like the supreme's)...i think of more pretty music than pointy, angry, growly metal.

It still hasnt come out right! I know what i mean (in my own crazy deluded world :D )

mellow?? You should hear me play metallica (the old songs), machine head and megadeth in my band... my gibson is a pure metalbeast!!! :D

Depends on the pickups you use actually, but if you want you can get a great metal sound. You think Zakk Wylde sounds mellow??? B)

I just love les pauls... and Slash still rules!! :D

Alex, you know he said mellower looking, right?

If I thought I'd use the floyd, I'd love to have that thing....

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
A LP + Floyd... that's so perfect!!! I love playing les pauls but I miss a good divebombing mechanism... so a floyd'ed LP would be awesome!!!

I almost bought this unit from ebay... you can fit it on a les paul without modifications, no routings or drilling :D

lp_floyd.gif

Next time you see one, notify me. I have been searching for one since like the early 60's. Ok, not that long, niether me nor the floyd was around then, but still let me know, please. Unless you buy it for yourself. I dont want to have a PG bid war.

Next time you see one, notify me. I have been searching for one since like the early 60's. Ok, not that long, niether me nor the floyd was around then, but still let me know, please. Unless you buy it for yourself. I dont want to have a PG bid war.

You can set up an ebay "Favorites" search for it. You can configure it to send you e-mails when there's a match.

Edit: Use the power of ebay Search Command to help narrow the search term. Here's an example seach to get you started: floyd (gibson,les,paul,lp) you can narrow it how ever you like.

• 2 weeks later...
those models don't even come close to a les paul...  :D

Oh, silly pants :D

And the KH-203 is the lower-end LTD Hammet LP, the 602 is the super Strat/MII thing. :D

Anyway, I have no Floyd'ed guitars, so I may look into to something like that soon...

I can't believe I didn't get a "Welcome Back" or nothin'... B)