What in you rig?

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I use a (mainly)Schecter C1+ FR, Les Paul, Or my V or Purple DC.

I then ren it thru a Boss MT-2, Dano wah, Ibanez Delay/Echo, and a Digitech X series chorus.

Then I go to a Vox Cambridge 15.

I am soon to get a 100 watt Carvin Master Tube half stack. Might buy a peavey 4x12 and go full stack, or buy the Peavey cab anyway if it sounds good, and just get the carvin head and save $100.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AlexVDL

Gibson les paul classic (petrucci pickups) and an Ibanez JPM p3 thru a Digitech 2120 VGS tube preamp + effectsprocessor thru a mesa boogie 50/50 tube poweramp thru a 1978 marshall 4x12" celestion greenbacks cabinet.

I have everything I need... including a whammy pedal... the digitech rules, it even has analog effects and tube distortion :D

Guitars change at whim: main 2 Desert Yellow Rg and Parker Nitefly

Amp: Mesa Studio 22

Cab: either carvin 4x12 or 65 bassman

Effects: Korg Tuner Pedal, Bad Horsie Wah, Whammy 1, Crappy boss delay, Jt Pedals Vtrem, Mesa V-Twin.

The Jt Pedals Vtrem is the heart of it all pedal wise.

And lets not forget the Borrego Yellow Landrover Freelander SE3 carrying case.

damn my setup sucks compared to everyone elses.

Fear not Snork.....are ya ready?!

Strat copy---->Marshall Jackhammer---->Marshall MG15DFX

The guitar was bought from from ebay for £90. This site inspired me to re-finish it and replace parts but its still not that good.....just cheap in general.

cant wait to make my own guitar. and possibly my own amp.

Hell yeah, maybe my wallet will improve enough by easter to start building!

Ha ha, I win.

Vantage cheap strat copy. Vantage amp that came with guitar and sometimes I borrow my brothers tuner. Guitar, amp and accessories (gig bag, spare strings etc) for the bargin price of 120 pounds brand new.

Geez, there's no one setup, it just depends on what I'm playing at the time, call it 'interswitchable goods'.

If I'm playing Ronnie Earl jazz stuff, blues, country, then it's usually just a (gasp!) ...CORD. :D:DB)

Into one of my Fenders, probably the:

'73 Super Reverb-in-a-Vibrolux-Cabinet-Running a 1-12, 1-10 setup

B/F'ed

'63 Twin OT installed

Ch.1 modded to 'Brownie' specs

Tremolo modded to bias-modulated operation

Sweet amp.

Or, for heavy, either a high-gain modded '65 Bassman (it has Mesa and Marshall type mods) or one of my Traynors (Marshall sound) into a 4-10 Marshall closed back cab housing 2 CTS alnicos and 2 Weber P10N's on top of a 1-15 closed back cab housing a '60's EV SP-15. I'll stick my P.R.O. Gap in front of it for the ultra-zone stuff.

Or for the old school, a RMC-1 wah, Real-Tube overdrive, and a Boss digital Reverb into my '40's Valco 1-12 combo.

It's a mix and match world! :D

bass rig: vintage sting ray copy(its great!) into trace elliot daul SMX compressor then into EBS multi-drive then into EBS octabass then in to my beloved trace elliot AH 130 and in the effects loop I use a boss EH-2 enhancer then all in to a trace elliot 2X10 cab and sometimes for bigger things I use a cheep 15 no name bass cab.

For guitar: various westone thunders, thunder II's, and the A versions of them straight into a Trace elliot super tramp

I love them all!

my main rig is as fallows, but like drak, i'm a mix and match gear junkie, and i can't get enough, it's a drug and i'm addicted.

jem77fp evo in bridge and neck, wolfgang special with coiltap and no load tone pot->boss pedal tuner->morley BH->boss super chorus->boss blues driver->boss ds 1->v-amp pro-5150 combo->midiverb 4 (thru effects loop)-> echplex and back to amp.

i have another jem7vwh, and an ernie axis that play double duty with the aformentioned axes.

in my backlog i have 2 jacksons, one with emg 81/85, other with emg hz h4s, i have a strat i built with a fred, virtual blues and a 57 classic, a tom anderson classic with floyd and a slew of pedals and a whammy pedal, and my old peavey classic 30. :DB)

once i have it, i can't let it go. the only thing i've sold was my dual recto, i regret that everyday, but i wanted a 5150 instead, so i'm happy.

squier strat (de-stickered(my true baby))

matt black ibanez destroyer with kill switch and a hotstick(courtesy of brian-it works like a dream, never used to notice it)

yamaha SGV300-eugh, piece of crap...would sell it but not allowing myself to ever sell a guitar

yamaha classical, action lowered thanks to nail file handywork

tanglewood acoustic, ok i suppose, could be nicer (i'm not ungrateful, i work my ass off for these)

encore 3/4 electric and acoustics for project-guitaring

behringer V-amp 2 -sweet delays

Boss BR532-effects are super nice on this

Marshall valvestate 8080-80watt amp, bought from guitar teacher nice and cheap

Danelectro black coffee metal dist.

danelectro phaser and wah

Ebow Plus

Glass Slide

Steel Slide

....and my invention that i love dearly, i made it all and it works like a dream :D

Now that you bring it up I think I'm a Peavey guy!

Bass Stuff:

Peavey Combo 115

Peavey Grind

Peavey Fury

Samick A/E Bass

For practicing at my bud's I have a Rogue 60 Watt with a 10" in it.

I have trimmed the personal bass population down since I sell them now so at any given time I have 15-20 guitars and basses to play with. They change every week so it's a ton of fun. I have a Fender 15R guitar amp that I tune them on but when I want to pretend I can play the guitar I run it through the 115 bass amp.

btw, will post pics of my fabulous baby (i even made the screws from scratch) when i get it home :D i'm so excited about it..its like a hands free tremelo arm, attatched to the strap, like a b-bender but on all 6strings