What in you rig?

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes you got a Mode 4??? i thought so well of you..... too well, as it proved :D

but hey, each to his own; but i absolutely loathe Marshall Mode 4.

my rig is ok, but i do need to buy a better amp, but i've managed to get a decent sound from the pedals and because of constant whining to turn it down (its a 15 watt for god's sake) i wont be getting a better amp till i move out....... till then all my cash just goes on guitar building and modding B)

i got a Washburn CP2003; my custom project guitar;

these run into ORIGINAL Digitech whammy (ooh yes!) - modded crybaby - a distortion pedal taht was built in West siberia (i picked it up in Russia for $10 - its the best 10 bucks i ever spent! this thing owns any boss disto) - Boss DigitalDelay2

which runs into a 15 watt SS practice amp *hangs head in shame*

:D

Roman

*rule #1 dont diss peoples gear*

i got kicked out of a band cause i told him talk pedals were lame. i LOVe mode fours. i wish i had one. actually im kind of glad i got out of that crappy rock group. 0 talent except the bassist.

man i wish i had the crunch of a mode four. that is quite the amp/

you have a 15 watt practice amp and you make fun of the mode 4?

little tip on the mode 4.run your favorite distortion pedal(zoom driver for me)into the #1 channel.set the #2 for gritty blues,#3 for grittier blues rock,and #4 for van halen style brown sound

then run the eq thru the effects loop(each channel has it's own loop level)and scoop the heck out of it.

you then have the meanest metal sound ever heard and about 8 other useful sound combinations at the touch of a button or twist of one knob.

i challenge you to find a more versatile combination that has the prescence of a tube amp.

those who hate the mode 4 have usually not tried the amp out enough.took me days to tweak it like i wanted it...but the sound versatility is worth it.

umm..i think my post sounded too severe.the first line was a joke.

i am not offended that he doesn't like the mode 4....it takes a while to dial it in.

some amps sound great right out of the box...but they usually only have one or 2 useful sounds...the mode 4 has so much sound possibilities that it takes time for each person to find the right ones for their music.

but it is honestly the best sounding amp i have everrun my gear through...and i have tried them all except for the bogners and pittbulls that alot of people swear by,but that i can't afford.

i use an amp as a base to run my distortion through and tweak with my eq.the mode 4 is a great base.and the pedal that comes with it is great

well sorry i may have been too harsh, but though i actually only own a pathetic 15 watt, i have played on enough boutique heads and cabs to consider myself a tone freak....... i played on the Mode 4 and i just found it a low quality mesa copy.... sorry i did sound like an ass, but i was quite looking forward to playing one, and it dissapointed me horribly...

but sorry i suppose i cant say anything till i have my Deizel... but yeh, sorry

Roman

well sorry i may have been too harsh, but though i actually only own a pathetic 15 watt, i have played on enough boutique heads and cabs to consider myself a tone freak....... i played on the Mode 4 and i just found it a low quality mesa copy.... sorry i did sound like an ass, but i was quite looking forward to playing one, and it dissapointed me horribly...

but sorry i suppose i cant say anything till i have my Deizel... but yeh, sorry

Roman

the mesa side is best for rock kind of stuff...not enough attack for metal imo

the marshall side is great...but it's better with your own distortion pedal

the bottom end is massive

i don't like mesa's....too harsh

I can appreciate one being a tone freak, etc. but it's soooo subjective it doesn't make sense to critique something (let alone speak harshly/negatively of it.) For example, I love the sound of Marshalls that have been recorded by countless guitarists on countless albums. I loved the way they sound when I've seen other guitarists play them live. But for some reason, whenever I've played through a Marshall, it sounded like crap. I think there's a certain level of intermixing of style/technique with technology that preclude one from making a sweepingly general statement about any piece of equipment.

rg 550 or usa strat or epi LP or most likely my rg7620 straight in to a flextone II 112 controlled by the floor board with the 2 expresion pedals and the 4*9 banks.

My back up amp is a peavey Chorus Classic 212.

for jazz I use my epi sheraton thru an dold supro, warm and thick 2.

Not much to either backline, but I love my sound!

wes, I was thinking about getting an EQ unit like that (upgrade from my pedal or actually probably in addition to it). Big difference, right?

Anyone use a BBE unit? I've heard they are very valuable in recording but they must sound great just jamming, yes? I have a BBE feature in my car stereo and it makes a huge difference in the sound. I don't think anyone would ever notice though unless I clicked it on and off. I've seen a bunch on Ebay but never bought one.

Lets seeeee'

Guitars:

Ibanez GRX20, refretted, and stocked with EMG 85/81 set

Ibanez RG250DX, refinished and stocked with a Hotrails in the neck, and JB in the bridge

Ibanez GSR100, routed as a 200 with EMG p/j set, and a fretless neck(which'll go on the feather when it comes in)

(in the making) Sonic Designs Feather bass body routed for 2 emg 35DCs

(in the making) RR1T, white with black pinstripes

(in the making) WR1T 7 string, white with black bevels :D

Amps

Ibanez Jumpstart guitar amp (soon to be filed under T)

Peavey Basic 112 bass combo amp

POD 2.0 guitar FX simulator (so i can play the guitar through the peavy)

(soon to be owned) Fender Bassman 200 bass amp

Effex peddles

Rocktech distortion (getting rid of it soon though)

Ibanez Tube Screemer

Dunlop Original Crybaby (my favorite peddle out of anything else in the world)

And i have an original mars cable... which is probably gonna be replaced with a monster cable sometime lol.

wes, I was thinking about getting an EQ unit like that (upgrade from my pedal or actually probably in addition to it). Big difference, right?

Anyone use a BBE unit? I've heard they are very valuable in recording but they must sound great just jamming, yes? I have a BBE feature in my car stereo and it makes a huge difference in the sound. I don't think anyone would ever notice though unless I clicked it on and off. I've seen a bunch on Ebay but never bought one.

BIGGG difference !