Guitar Of The Month For December

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded with a special badge to show you won!

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 22nd or 23rd of November then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :)

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

All Australian timber 7 string

SS7 Neckthru (7 string Superstrat)

Tasmanian Blackwood Neck and headstock

Victorian Blackwood body wings

Wandoo fingerboard

Tiger Myrtle fingerboard binding

OFR Tremolo (no rear cover by customer request)

Bareknuckle Aftermath Bridge pickup

Bareknuckle Cold Sweat Neck pickup

First of all, click the link to view the build:

And a quick video walk through:

http://youtu.be/nRfbglWe_PY

IMG_3879small.jpg

IMG_3870small.jpg

IMG_3872small.jpg

IMG_3892small.jpg

• Like 1

I was living in an apartment during 2008/09 and I did the entire build (minus paint of course) on my balcony and living room table. Its amazing what you can accomplish with a small drill press and a few hand tools. Sometimes ya just can't stop no matter what the conditions! :) Its a 7/8 scaled down flying V with a few twists. Delta wings and set neck angle make it a very comfortable axe to play. Its all Honduras mahogany, neck came from a q-sawn piece of handrail.

Hardware

1 old school Dimarzio Super Distortion (16K Ohm)

1 vol / 1 tone

strat style plugin on inside edge of lower wing

Grover locking tuners

Nashville TOM bridge w/ stop tailpiece

Paint is a result of some experimentation at work : swirling with urethane paints, various dips and clearcoats

Abalone fb dot markers in rosewood

Bone nut

HPIM2185.jpgHPIM2228.jpgHPIM2229.jpg

HPIM2230.jpg

Pics of the entire build (minus painting) are here. Either way I sure am glad to be back in a house with a band saw, belt sander, router etc. at my disposal.

Edited by Southpa

I've been very busy last few months. I will show two new instruments now. Yeah instruments, not only guitars. But first:

The NorthStar Surfer (surf’s up dude!)

An alder body with a traditional tremolo bridge and single coil lipstick pickups give this guitar a clear and focused sound that still never becomes harsh.

With a four way switch you get all the more common combinations plus both pickups in series. A nice boost for solos.

The never out of style look of lipstick pickups and sparkle finish gives an echo of both something Japanese from the mid sixties and surf music.

Specs

Design:

Peter Naglitsch NorthStar

Body:

Alder

Neck:

Maple

Fretboard:

Rosewood

12" Radius

25,5" Scale

Pickups:

Peter Naglitsch StarStruck Custom Made Lipsticks

Tuners:

Grover

Tremolo:

Wilkinson

Controls:

One volume, one tone, 4-way switch

Frets:

Medium

Fretmarks:

Aluminum

Finish:

Blue sparkle body and clear coated neck (coming out a bit dark, first pic is most correct)

Get your swimming trunks on, time to surf!

Full frontal:

DSCF3689.jpg

Body:

DSCF3698_zps3554df99.jpg

Body/neck showing flame maple neck:

DSCF3707_zps8676d426.jpg

Full back:

DSCF3700_zps246ffea3.jpg

More pics and info:

http://www.peternagl...starsurfer.html

And then the second one:

The Electric Cello

This one comes with a story. This is a very special instrument to me. The story begins a few years ago when a very enthusiastic daughter to some of my closest friends brought out her first borrowed cello and showed us that she had just begun to learn this beautiful instrument. The same moment I gave her my promise I realized I would have to live up to it; I promised her that, if she still played cello at the age of 18, I would build her an electric cello. That promise is now fulfilled.

With inspiration from Yamaha’s ”Silent Cello” I designed an instrument that also picked up on modern Scandinavian furniture design. The integrated Barbera Transducer in the bridge allows the player to go from a natural sound, through experimental sound with echoes and effects to a roaring distorted sound directly into an amplifier without a preamp.

Design

Peter Naglitsch Electric Cello

Body

Laminated maple with added parts of ash

Neck:

Maple

Fingerboard:

Ebony

Bridge/Pickup:

Barbera Transducer Systems custom made integrated bridge and pickup

Tuners:

Warwick

String holder:

Ebony with integrated inputjack

Finish:

A combination of black satin laquer and tung oil

Full frontal:

cello01_zps06d306ab.jpg

Body detail, showing custom made bridge with integrated pickup system

Cello11_zpsad41ed88.jpg

"body part" with string holder and integrated input jack

Cello12_zps643a7add.jpg

Back:

Cello08_zps795274c0.jpg

More pics and info:

http://www.peternagl...ctriccello.html

• 3 weeks later...

Green Quilted JS.

Built this for myself a good while back. Its a little beat up at this point but Its a player not an ornament. Always ment to enter it here but never got around to it. So here goes.

Body:

single piece sapele back, book matched quilted maple top.

Neck:

Black walnut, Rosewood compound radius fret board. Side dot markers. madium frets, Quilted face on headstock.

Titanium filings in resin inlay. Bolt on. Oil finish with laquer on face of head stock.

Hardware:

Gotoh machine heads. Ibanez Edge tremolo & locking nut.

1x Vol, 1x Tone, 3 way toggle switch.

2x humbuckers, All cloth/wax wrapped wiring, orange drop cap. 500K pots.

Body Finish:

Green stain over black on front quilt. cherry over black on back. high gloss 2k finish.

front-backoverall.jpg

frontclose.jpg

johnhiggins_20121006_17385-Editcopy.jpg

johnhiggins_20121006_17396-Editcopy.jpg

After I buildt an electric cello I got the question if I could build an electric violin. So here it is:

The Electric Violin (I know, one more fantastic name...)

To make yourself heard in a rock group or from a large stage has always been problematic for violinists. You either use an external microphone and get a good sound but get a lot of problems. For example you need to position yourself just so or you will not be heard. Forget about taking a stroll to se how the drummer is doing. Or you use an integrated microphone which often means huge problems with feedback. The third option is to use a solid electric violin with a state of the art pickup system, preferably from Rich Barbera of Barbera Transducer System, and get an instrument that doesn't cause massive feedback and still sound very natural in an amplifier without the need of a preamp. Or you plug it directly into an guitar amp and go from warm clean sounds to screaming distortion. Or as the owner of this instruments says; ”This is perfect when the kids have gone to bed”. Very Rock'n'roll...

Specs:

Design - Peter Naglitsch Electric Violin

Body - Maple with chambers

Neck - Maple

Bridge/Pickup - Barbera Transducer Systems integrated bridge and pickup

Tuners - Grover

Fingerboard - Ebony

String holder - Ebony

Chin rest - Ebony

Full front pic

electricviolin01_zps693ea87e.jpg

Full back pic:

electricviolin02_zps5be11622.jpg

From the side:

electricviolin18_zps63eba4b4.jpg

And a picture showing the pickup system:

electricviolin13_zps09634993.jpg

More pics and info:

http://www.peternagl...tricviolin.html

No more instruments from the Violin family now for a while, OK?

EDIT: The color isn't really as vibrant as the pics suggest. More a nice warm, bright amber.

• 2 weeks later...

Because i have not entered in so long

EXTREME explorer

Specs:

Mahogany body and neck. Paduak and black walnut stringers in the body.

24 fret Paduak fretboard 6150 size frets

EMG 81 and 60 pickups

Hipshot locking tuners

FULL ALBUM OF PICS:

http://s1105.beta.photobucket.com/user/KEA1983/library/Explorer%20custom%20September%202012

FinishedExtreme038_zpsd24f9d21.jpg

FinishedExtreme032_zps9134e396.jpg

Withparts023_zpse5209477.jpg

FinishedExtreme021_zps3f57d3ef.jpg

S907 Icarus

Started life as a very rare and beautiful Flamed Padauk top 7 string. Then a horrible CNC accident forced innovation. Reborn as a 7 string headless... The thin body provides improved ergonomics and reduced weight. Neck shape provides stress and fatigue relief. Wide string spacing and flat radius add to playability.

Buil Thread: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=46261

Top: Flamed Padauk

Body : Limba

Neck : Padauk/Bocote/Maple

Fretboard : Bocote

Scale : 25.5" 24-fret 16" Radius 1.89" Nut

Trussrod : ALLPARTS Double Action

Tuners : Technology 4 Musicians 7 string Headless (made in Italy)

Pickups : Diablo 7 String Humbuckers

Bridge : Technology 4 Musicians 7 string Headless (made in Italy)

Electronics : Vol(Push/Pull)/3-way

Finish: Behlens Teak Oil with Polyurethane topcoat

Full.jpg

Back.jpg

Front.jpg

Web.jpg