Soliciting For A Carved Top Mahogany Body

Stolysmaster

I am looking for some one to build me a guitar body with a mahogany back and a mahogany carved top, preferably a figured bookmatched top. The body is that of an early 80's Ibanez Artist, and I have one that I can trace and send to someone with thickness specs, etc. It is similar to a symetrical double cutaway Les Paul. I am having a neck made for it that I will have set in (mortice/tenon glue joint) by a local guy who has done this before for me. He will also do all the routing, and locating bridge - tailpiece. All I am looking for is the body to be built. Thanks for all responses in advance.

Edited by Stolysmaster

I forgot to add that it has a "body contour" on the back. These can be seen regularly on ebay by doing a search for "Ibanez Artist" and looking for the vintage early 80's models, not the newer ones. The newer ones made in China do not have as thick of a body.

Why not get the person who's making the neck to also make the body. This would make sense

Good question. I asked Doug at Soulmate last year about that and he told me he was too busy making necks to make me a body!(?)

I guess it's back to the drawing board. BUT, I did recount the pieces on the Artist body, and although the back is still 13 pieces of Birch, the top is not 5 pieces of maple; I think it is really just 3. It was hard to tell, but I think I was just looking at some grain changes within the same piece. So, the total number of pieces for the body are now 16, not 18!