Guitar Of The Month For December

Guitar of the Month for December  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Biggest GOTM we've had for a long time and a great display of the variety and talent that is on this forum.

Every entry should be so proud of their work as they are all top shelf and proof that us little guys working from our sheds at home can produce a world class instrument.

Deamonx Assuie 7-string, nice over all instrument, however nothing that really sticks out

Southpa V, seems to be a solid build. However the finish is a bit to "busy" for me

Pauliemc JS, great build and finish. However to much of a clone to get my vote.

Killemall Explorer, nice clean build. However the good ole' "pointy guitars ain't for me" applies to this

Charlie H Lagarto 2. Unique design and good workmanship. I love the naval theme. A unique design, with some quirky solutions, like the output jack on the back.

RAD Icaros, (shouldn't it be called the Phoenix as it has risen from the ashes...), I know the story behind the design. However it still looks like someone have taken a big bite out of it (the router of cause) and it really doesn't look quite right to me. The workmanship is a usual flawless.

My vote goes to Lagarto as it is the most unique build and that always yield high points from me

I doubt he means any disrespect by it Red. Just that it is a standard model shape with typical hardware appointments, that can be gotten from a large manufacturer. Although my JS is thicker than the Ibanez with a different neck profile, it is still easily recognisable as a custom version of a Satriani model.

Just look at what he has entered, conventional is not exactly swedishluthiers thing.

& then he did say "Pauliemc JS, great build and finish." Considering the gitirs he makes I take that as a major compliment.

• Like 1

I doubt he means any disrespect by it Red. Just that it is a standard model shape with typical hardware appointments, that can be gotten from a large manufacturer. Although my JS is thicker than the Ibanez with a different neck profile, it is still easily recognisable as a custom version of a Satriani model.

Just look at what he has entered, conventional is not exactly swedishluthiers thing.

& then he did say "Pauliemc JS, great build and finish." Considering the gitirs he makes I take that as a major compliment.

You got it right Sir! No disrespect at all. Just some thoughts and some appreciations of a very nice build. As you noticed I often shoot for originality and this is all meant to be some comments that explain why I vote as I do. When commenting all nice builds here (not including my own…) I try to stay away from rants and then the short comment might come out in a way that needs a friendly interpretation. It’s not easy to be precise in a language that’s not your native.

You got it right Sir! No disrespect at all. Just some thoughts and some appreciations of a very nice build. As you noticed I often shoot for originality and this is all meant to be some comments that explain why I vote as I do. When commenting all nice builds here (not including my own…) I try to stay away from rants and then the short comment might come out in a way that needs a friendly interpretation. It’s not easy to be precise in a language that’s not your native.

Honestly, I would never have taught that you were not a native english speaker. Your command of the language far exceeds some people I know who speak it every day :rolleyes: .

Your comments on the guitar are well noted & appreciated, I used to give my opinions on the entries but stopped doing it as it does seem to tick some people off when you point out issues with their builds. Even if there is no malice intended.

Personally, I find this forum to be an invaluable source of information on building guitars. If people stopped pointing out things they did not like, or making comments on things they are having problems understanding, it would be a much less interesting place. The encyclopedic vault of everything guitar would suffer. So I say bring on the comments. even the bad ones, I can only learn from negative feedback.

Anyway. rant over. Love your guitars man :)

Well, it gets harder each month to decide, and this month is no exception. After much deliberation, I decided to go with SwedishLuthier's Electric Cello, partly because of some fond memories of playing a (rather beaten and battered) cello in the late 1970s on a couple of ELO numbers we performed with the band "Peeler's Dream" I was in at the time ;)