Grounding

Hi! This is probably a dumb question, but what does one generally do about grounding on a hollowbody? I know the procedure on an electric is to cover the electronics compartment in copper shielding tape, but obviously there's no compartment on a hollowbody!

I'm making one by carving out the inside of a solid piece, so would it be wise to leave a thin wall surrounding the electronics to create an isolated compartment? Has anyone tried that sort of thing? Thanks a lot!

I've never built a hollowbody but all of the one's I've seen use shielded wire running inside the body. There is 2 (or 4) wires inside of a braided shield and it is coated in gray insulation. I don't know any place to get it except at an electrical distributor. Someone else may have a source online. Having an electronics background I always refer to it as "Belden Cable". Belden is the manufacturer.

Building a compartment will take away the fun of trying to put all the wiring together through the pickup route. I am doing this now. Fun, Fun, Fun.

In all seriousness I would put in a compartment. After fighting this hollowblody of mine I thought of putting one in. Unfortunately it would lower the value of mine a Gibson Tennessean.