Cheesecaster

Walka

Hello!

Finally encouraged myself

to sign in on this site, have been lurking

here for years.

Did get my second build ready few weeks ago.

Tried to use lumber we have here in our finish forest.

Body: Elm,walnut veener and spalted alder top,

Neck: Laminated birch with walnut veener stripes.

Few project pics.

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0025-1.jpg

Elm is very hard and dense,so tried to get the body lighter with some chambering.

PICT0028.jpg

With the top glued on

Great build! Whereabouts in Finland are you? (Pori, here I am afraid)

It is a little strange that you interchange the words "finish" and "Finnish"! :huh:

I presume that the top is black Alder (Tervaleppä)? I love how the knob sits perfectly in the centre of one of the knot whorls. I've considered trying to spalt some myself since we have a lot in the sawmill. It's too late in the year to go collecting fungus to seed some boards unfortunately, so maybe in Spring I will collect some Dead Man's Fingers and some bracket fungi.

Great build! Whereabouts in Finland are you? (Pori, here I am afraid)

It is a little strange that you interchange the words "finish" and "Finnish"! :huh:

I presume that the top is black Alder (Tervaleppä)? I love how the knob sits perfectly in the centre of one of the knot whorls. I've considered trying to spalt some myself since we have a lot in the sawmill. It's too late in the year to go collecting fungus to seed some boards unfortunately, so maybe in Spring I will collect some Dead Man's Fingers and some bracket fungi.

Yup, my spelling is bad.Sorry for that. :blush

I live on Espoo, (8 kilometers from Helsinki).

offtopic:

(there is no way to edit your post after you sent it?)

New members are unable to edit posts until the tenth post unfortunately.

Espoo is a strange place. Everybody has a Volkswagen with a golf bag in it, plus all house plots have a little old house on the front next to the road and a huge castle in the back...!

Amazingly well-executed instrument. Are you entering it in this month's Guitar Of The Month?