I Need First Time Advice.

Here's my fantasy: I build an electric - acoustic guitar for my son ( a pretty darn good musician). I am 60, built furniture most of my life...so I am comfortable with wood. My son is a free lance musician...has numerous guitars (Martin acoustic, Epiphone acoustic, Gibson SG, Fender Strat)....but aside from the pick up on his Martin, he lacks a hand built electric acoustic.

I havent' a clue where to start. I have a pic of something I think looks really cool, and will post if you want.

I have read about the bodies, but it's the neck that spooks me...precision/ shape/ fretting.

Wood suppliers?

I am just hunting right now for input...first timer advice...

Just reread my previous post and it really sucks. I will try to explaiin this a little better.

First look for a photo hosting site to upload your photos to. If you do not already have one google search "image hosting". After you have an account, upload your photo.

Second, look at the image in your hosting site and right click the image and select "Copy image URL".

Third, click in the reply window on this site and select the Image icon.

reply%2Bwindow.jpg

This will pop up a window to enter the URL of your photo. Left click into the text field and press ctrl+v to paste your url in. Click OK. Your photo should now appear in your post. click the Post button below the reply window to complete your post and you are done.

PM me with your email info. I will send you some drawings to help you figure out what you are going to be up against. If you are familiar with working details (being a furniature maker Id say you are) these should be a great help. Let me know if you want CAD or PDF aswell.