30 Inch Scale 8 String Behemoth

Wow, that Purpleheart just looks PERFECT in there. Kind of how Jack looked perfect as The Joker. Is it me or are six of your ferrules nickel and two gold? Looks like a fun guitar!

That they are. I ran out of gold ones doing a customer guitar and didn't feel like waiting for another set of them for my own. I had a pile of chrome ones so i just used those. :P

The graphtech nut is awesome. I ordered the slab blank they offer and cut it as they dont' offer 8 string ones yet.

Man!!!!

That's a beast of an 8-string! Love the carve on the back of the horns and the way they blend into the back of the neck. Really nice job.

How far in does the neck sit into the body ?

Where did you get the roasted flame maple from Brian ? I posted a question here the other day asking about sources for roasted figured maple. I've only really seen that one guy on ebay in the US selling it but his shipping prices are horrendous to the UK and he seems to offer more birdseye than flamed anyway.

Allo! The tenon goes right to the back of the neck pickup cavity. I do all my guitars like this. :) This thing plays way easier htan i expected though - 30 inch scale was really easy to adjust to.

I go to www.exotic-woods.com - they're located within a 40 minute drive of me, but they ship worldwide and have TONS of roasted woods (figured roasted maple, roasted maple, roasted birdseye maple, roasted ash) I specifically get the flooring grade ones because they're already surfaced on all sides, 3.5 inches wide, one inch thick and flatsawn. When you cut them up for laminates, you get a perfect grain structure. Great guys there.