Building This One For Me...

Boggs

Walnut and tulip poplar like the last one but I have modified the pickup cavities to be able to accept virtually any pickguard/pickup combination... I am building this one for me...

CBIII-2a-s.jpg

CBIII-2b-s.jpg

sorry if this is a dumb question (just starting building) but do i take it that the tabs at the ends of the guitar are purely for location whilst machining? Is this because you have a particular setup that needs this or is this a way that you'd advise even if just using simple tools? I've seen this on a few guitars being built on here.

Grain looks really nice and its an interesting rear. Where is the jack going? as it would be cool to have it on the back edge going down into the bit thats sticking out. if you get what i mean.

No questions are dumb... The extensions are for mounting and reference points on the CNC machine. They get cut off only after the last of any secondary operations are complete. The jack goes inside the notch facing the player so if you use a right-angle jack, it simply falls down towards the ground without having to loop it through the strap and it will not come out if stepped on. It also still allows you to stand the guitar on the two strap buttons and lean it against a wall or a couch or a chair without a stand as The_Patriot mentioned. If you use a straight plug, it aims it up to the strap for easy looping. Also, it is easy to find on a dark stage without messing up the finish of the front of the guitar hunting for it. There is a reason behind everything I do when I design something.

Gonna have a brown tortise pickguard with HSS configuration and Tesla pickups. VR-Extreme in the bridge and Opus-S1 middle and neck positions. Neck will be olivewood with pistachio fingerboard.