Hello Everybody

Tattoosleeve

I can't tell you the number of hours I've spent reading through the build threads over the last few days but what I am certain of is that my wife and kids feel neglected because of it, haha.

Anyway my name is Luc and I recently picked up a cheap Ibanez 4 string bass and an even cheaper Squire Bullet guitar to get back into playing after a 6 year layoff. I played bass in a band called 7th Sunn (metal) from the time is was 19-26, There are still tracks up from our 2006 effort up on our myspace page www.myspace.com/7thsunn. Adulthood called and my priorities changed and before Christmas of this yeah I don't think I'd played more than a note or two over the years but over the last year the itch to play again got increasingly stronger. Guitar is completely new to me as I played bass exclusively in younger years.

I'm using Rocksmith to get back in the swing of things. I'm finding it's really expanding my range on the fretboard and expediting my ability to pick up the guitar as well. Really devoid of any theory but I am starting to augment the playing techniques provided in the program with a bit of book studying and using online resources.

What brought me here was my brother in law suggesting we buy some build it your self kits to do an assembly and finish job for our next axes which brought me to www.precisionguitarkits.com which suggested doing some research in or order to understand how to assemble properly. Guitar projects is recommended as one of their main resources to check out and I've been glued here for the last couple days.

I've got a whirlwind of inspiration and ideas and plenty of learning to do before I tackle any fully from scratch projects but I'm looking forward to it and have some other minor projects to sharpen my teeth on. Got a guitar for my son that was custom built by someone (gift from Grandpa) but it's got a few finishing issues (sliced my fingers on the fret ends) and setup issues (buzzing on 1st and 2nd frets on all strings) that I need to straighten out and and then thinking I'll order a body kit and move the electronics over from my Bullet. Then on to practicing with bodies and neck on some beautiful pine haha.

Anyway see you on the boards!