Dying Wood Prior To Lamination?

If I were to supersaturate two pieces of 1/16 or 3/32 thick wood with dye to use as laminate highlights in a guitar body do I risk having the dyes leech into the neighboring unfinished woods during the build process or as long as I let them cure properly will the color hold fast?

What I'm envisioning is a dark finish oil or stain back and top to show the grain. Top would be 3/16 to a 1/4 thick with the two highlight laminates directly below that creating pink and teal highlight lines in the body. I was also thinking I could carry the laminate colors into the neck to tie the entire guitar together.

Being that the dye's are water based, by exposing such thin sheets to large amounts of dye to saturate the pieces could I bank on warping rendering this approach useless?

Also, could a mod move this to the "Inlays and Finishing" area under the tech section. Didn't realize I was in the tutorials forum.

Edited by Tattoosleeve