Guitar Of The Month For April

Guitar of the Month for April  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me an easy choice.

Crows PRS clone is really good looking except for one thing (and I truly understand the difficulties of that part), but the "worn denim" neck part of the top isn't even enough in the faded (sanded) parts in the horns. I really, really understand how hard it is to get that effect even and smooth enough, but you needed to put in a bit more efforts in that part. Especially as the rest of the guitar is as beautiful as this is.

Menapias Spalted beech top (isn't it flamed rather than spalted?) is nice. There are a few things that I don't really like (I'm being picky here), but there is something about the neck/head transition that makes thing look out of proportion. the first, slim part of the headstock should have been a bit shorter and the volute should have been more delicate or something. Still a very nice guitar. And the fretboard end is something I haven't seen before.

However I voted for sdshirtman. I have only one word: WOW!

This month is a three-carved-top-doublecut-horse race!

I think the fun thing about this month's contest is that there's going to be less division over taste, and more focus on execution. Congratulations to all three builders on completing your builds and having the courage to subject yourself to criticism! Here's hoping everyone gets some really useful critique.

For me the decision was a close call between Crow and sdshirtman

In the end I have to say I voted sdshirtman, even though you nearly lost me on the body and headstock cuts, the finish, colors and overall execution were enough to pull it over the line for my vote.

Love the coloring, very very classy.

We appear to have a landslide in the works here.

Crow's work is always outstanding with excelent execution. I'm not a big fan of this type of burst or fade even as PRS does it. Still, it's a beautiful guitar.

Menapia--I have always liked everything you have entered or shown in a build thread. You have been runnning up against some very stiff competition, but keep at it. I'm a fan.

sdshirtman--John, this is awesome. The execution and attention to detail is truly amazing. Watching you struggle through setbacks and never accept less than what was in your vision for this instrument for the better part of a year has been inspiring. I can't wait to see the next one. This got my vote.

SR

• Like 1

Well, I have to say that this month's GOTM proves one very real thing. People really do appreciate and love to watch a build thread of the process as it happens rather than a set of pop shots after the fact. Not only is sdshirtman's entry a fantastic guitar as it stands, the journey was documented, shared and discussed with the entire PG community. I think that says a lot about why this month has been such a total landslide despite it being three very worthy entries.

• Like 1