Guitar Of The Month For August

Guitar of the Month for August  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Rad.

Every guitar he makes looks the same, however I mean that as a compliment!

Let me explain: He changes the shape, changes the timbers, changes the amount of strings, but they all have the same design concepts, ideas and principals that he has worked hard to refine over many years making it HIS process and HIS brand.They stand out in a line up because they are his.

So in saying that, this Tele looks just like his superstrats and other builds, but that is good. The simplicities of his tastes are there, but so are the intricacise that make them interesting.

Great build.

I would have voted for RAD given that I refuse to vote for myself but I have to say that I am not really a fan of the headstock shape. I personally liked mine best this month (and that is never easy for me to say) but I will not pad my votes by voting for myself so I gave it a null.

I voted for Boggs. It was the one that seemed to have the best over all look and feel. Nice woods and the logo was really nice

RADs is showing his building skills but i don't really like the headstock at all, or the offset tele-ish body. I cannot really put my finger on why the body doesn't really work for me. there are better exaples of tweeked tele body shapes that I personally feel looks better and have a bit more "harmony" in the curves. And the headstock...well I'm not a pointy guitars man at all so don't listen to me in regards of the headstock shape.

Argytar's tele is something I normally would have liked. A tweaked classic with the 3+3 headstock, gibsonesque pick guard and stuff. But the distressed look only look dirty to me (could be the picks) and the stuff giong on around the pickup selector (was the plan to use a traditional Tele style selector?) seems to indicate that there wasn't enough efforts put in. A clean body, "problems" with the switch sorted out and the kills switch in a style that match the guitar and I think it had scored much better.

Ajax gets high scores for originality, wood choices and finish, but I get a feeling of "close but no cigar". The curves of the body doesn't really work together. The upper part of the body (in playing position) work really well but not with the lower part. There is some struggle between the both halves from a design point of view. the headstock design is nice but (at least in the pictures) it makes the string paths crocked and to me that is when design gets more attention over function and that is not in my book a good thing.