Entry for July 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
ENTER HERE

Sign in to follow this  
Workingman

Colorado Folks

I spoke with my son yesterday. He lives a little south of downtown Denver, and says life is normal there. I think Craig is in the general area (or maybe he was thinking about moving into that general area).....and I'm not sure about Mike's daughter. My son says is' odd to sit in his back yard and look at a normal day while thinking about places nearby, that he frequents, being pretty torn up.

Around here a flood sort of creeps up and submerges everything. Up there it comes roaring down and knocks everything out of its way.

SR

I spoke with my son yesterday. He lives a little south of downtown Denver, and says life is normal there. I think Craig is in the general area (or maybe he was thinking about moving into that general area).....and I'm not sure about Mike's daughter. My son says is' odd to sit in his back yard and look at a normal day while thinking about places nearby, that he frequents, being pretty torn up.

Around here a flood sort of creeps up and submerges everything. Up there it comes roaring down and knocks everything out of its way.

SR

My daughter and son in law are fine, they are in Westminster NW suburb of Denver

Hey!

I haven't been in this site for a while and just saw this. I've been really busy.

I didn't float away. Denver didn't really flood outside of small, annoying flash floods that soak your shoes. I walk, bike, or take the train everywhere, so I got pretty damn tired of being wet. I've NEVER seen that kind of rain around here. Not even anything close. It was about as weird as snow in Florida.

Weird weather is kind of "our thing", though. Today it snowed a bunch after three days of autumn. If it's 90 degrees on Monday, nobody will be surprised.

Scott, I actually moved downtown/uptown recently (right where downtown, uptown, and cap hill meet. Your son probably knows what I mean). The day I got my new job I started looking for appartments and left as soon as possible. Rent in this area is about 3x as much as the rest if the city, so my place is tiny, but absolutely love it. This area is ideal for me.