Guitar Of The Month For October

Guitar of the Month for October  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for the Humingbird bass, but I wanted to comment on a couple of other builds.

Boggs, I really appreciate that your designs are unique and may not appeal to some but they are immediately recognizable as your own.

But to me, the use of a "stock" strat pickguard kind of ruins it, especially since it doesn't really flow with the contour of your original body shape.

Mefgames, it looks like a fantastic build, but I find it shocking that you don't acknowledge that it's a Klein copy. Nothing wrong with building copies in my book, although it has sometimes been debated, but I think mentioning the name of the actual designer would have been the least of courtesies. My 2cts...

Cheers,

• Like 1

I voted for the Humingbird bass, but I wanted to comment on a couple of other builds.

Boggs, I really appreciate that your designs are unique and may not appeal to some but they are immediately recognizable as your own.

But to me, the use of a "stock" strat pickguard kind of ruins it, especially since it doesn't really flow with the contour of your original body shape.

Mefgames, it looks like a fantastic build, but I find it shocking that you don't acknowledge that it's a Klein copy. Nothing wrong with building copies in my book, although it has sometimes been debated, but I think mentioning the name of the actual designer would have been the least of courtesies. My 2cts...

Cheers,

Thanks for the feedback, Sunday. I understand what you are saying, for sure. I kept the pickguard stock primarily because guitarists are fiercely traditionalist and I wanted to keep that traditional look and "feel" specifically for them. When I bring my guitars out to play at open mics, that model is the first one everyone wants to play for that reason and the RBT(ele) is the next favorite. Gotta keep the traditionalists (95% of the market) happy someway.