Guitar Of The Month vote - November 2013

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I very rarely comment on GOTM guitars so here I go.

Crow, very nice PRS style.I wish there was a picture of the back? The finish is great, I know how hard it is to get a painted finish , especially black to look right.

BigD, Derek the LP looks great, the burl sets this off wonderfully. Very well executed. I too would have prefered All black PU's and black hardware though as well.

Mef, Very nice finish, I'm not wild about the shape or the headstock carve. Your choice of wood goes well together, nice easy contrast. Also, I would recommend you find a better background for your pictures. The pillows and couch detract from what is a very well executed build.

Whale, very nicely done, the burst is spot on. The inlays look great. The real distraction for me, are the knobs, the two that are not on the pickguard look more like an afterthought. I would've liked it much better if the pickguard had been extended.

My vote was for the LP

mk

I first intended to vote for BigD. However I started to get annoyed (ok, rather in a small and picky way) about the fact that the body is bound in plain black plastic (I have no problem with plastic binding) and the neck and head is bound in flame maple binding. It doesn't really tie things together. If the head were bound in black binding or the other way around that guitar would have gotten my vote.

Crows PRS copy is really nice looking but a copy, and I prefer a bit more originality (snobbish approach, I know...).

mefgames have tons of originality. Almost too much. It almost gets into the Flintstone territory. The thing is that you need to balance the originality with a hint of tradition to get that recognition thing going, and this guitar unfortunately doesn't have that. Nice execution thou

So my vote went to Andromeda. Nice clean lines, original and very nicely made. Like a surfers Les Paul.

I voted the LP - but I totally agree with the missmatched binding comments

Either gold or black hardware would have done the trick and it's pretty rare that I say gold! I also really dont like the zebra pickups but theyre so damn popular that my opinion means naught on that.

CROW - yep, its another Crow PRS copy. Excellent work as usual. Looks great but since you're so damn good at building guitars I'd like to see some original stuff from you. That will blow our minds for sure.

MEFGAMES - I just can't get into the shape. I'm sure there'll be die hard fans though. I can see theres lots of hard work in there.

WHALEHAZARD - Awesome looking guitar and brilliant workmanship, I just cannot did the shape. Sorry. Only a person opinion.

All the builds are awesome! I can only hope I develop a fraction of the skill you guys got. My vote was for Andromeda, all the inlay work is phenomenal.

I voted for the Andromeda. Since I primarily look for originality of design, it was either going to be the Burl or this one for me.

The Andromeda had more going on : the inlays, sunburst, pickguard,... which is not necessarily what I look for in a guitar, but it all comes together very well.

Cheers,