Blue or Red Themed?

verhoevenc

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've got a new student and I'm doing a simple bolt-on along side him so he can watch me do each step, then do it all himself on his strat. I'm torn on some aesthetic choices so I figured if poll the audience. Here's the cemented specs:
12.75" Barracuda shape with single EMG-81 and black Floyd rose and other hardware. Top, fretboard, and headplate are all board-match persimmon. Body is just basswood, neck is EIRW bolt on.
51789431-ACA9-4CDD-AE10-A495B021CD59_zps

Red Options:
- red pearloid binding with black/ivoroid/ black top purfling
- red volume speed knob (no tone)
- clear finish

Blue options:
- Ivoroid binding, no purfling
- BSB (burnt stained blue aka 90s JEM7s) finish

Combine both ideas?:
- all of the red option AND do the BSB style finish but in red?
- not so sure about this option...

Chris

Either not too many people saw this... or not to many people had a strong opinion one way or another. Given this is a build to follow-along with a student so he can watch me do each step and then repeat it on his guitar I was bound by time. I went ahead and made a decision; I went the BSB (burst stained blue... but really more of a teal) 90s JEM route.

E5F4E269-3569-422C-9463-C1929D45C97E_zps

9BB2CAF3-C26A-46CB-85C1-EF3AC8DAD307_zps

2113E5B9-69EE-4595-8536-30B46BD7D79E_zps

Chris

Either not too many people saw this... or not to many people had a strong opinion one way or another.

Or we just were convinced that either way would look great, coming out of your workshop!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...