Project: S9 Progress Thread 2014 - RAD

It is not really the dismissal of the canon because some of it is junk. But it is the dismissal of "ALL" the canon that is crazy. If they have any sense they take the premise of the good stories, toss the bad and let Filoni do his thing.

But If they spin Mara Jade into a perky Princess with missing parents raised by a wicked step aunt I am going to lose it.

The headstock on that wookie looks awesome.

What kind of tuners do you use, that have the screw on the top instead of the bottom?

It gets black hipshot lockers. Basically normal. Remember I recess the bushings.

But why are the screws on the back facing up? like they were right handed tuners on a left handed headstock?

I don't feel like building 12 right now at all. So burnt out. Plus the house has hit the age were I am working on it more.

I have 5 hanging in the garage... I am committed to 2 more over the summer and maybe 1-2 during the winter... I have to finish at least one Multiscale 7 and one Multiscale 8 this year as I put a lot of work into the designs.

In all honesty probably not going to make 12 because of the Multiscales and Football Season.

My brother thinks I am bored because the S9s are pretty much in maintenance mode. Maybe I will spend some time on the Radical thread and doing some engineering.

Spent an hour wet sanding finishes and then shot a coat of Mohawk pre-cat lacquer today on top of the Behlens on Phobos. It looked like it was pinhole-ing... I just hung it up and left it in disgust. On a good note the headless and wookiee are almost dry enough to assemble.

Spent the rest of the day replacing vacuum lines chasing an EVAP code on the Jeep. Changed the oil and stuff while I was at it. I need the odb2 to stay clear long enough to get it inspected.

I think tomorrow I will get some real guitar work done.

• 2 weeks later...

Now to fix the 8 string multiscale blank that went south. We start with finding a piece to replace the bad section in the middle and then proceed to route a place for the fix.

IMG_20140518_142811_zpskfbfenfx.jpg

IMG_20140518_142819_zpsciekjxt3.jpg

Next we fit the fixes. Since the woods are not identical in color I am using veneers to make it look fancy.

IMG_20140518_151846_zpsuy9oybed.jpg

IMG_20140518_151852_zpsqlvw6mhg.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

IMG_20140419_134814_zpset4bgyla.jpg

What is that fingerboard? It looks really cool. There's too many different builds in this thread!!

Bocote.

Some years I build a lot of guitars. It is too much to keep up with 10 or 12 build threads at a time. Much easier to post them all in the same thread.

The last 2 S9s are ready to be assembled but I have several other projects going on and haven't had time. This week I am going to be building pickups...