Project: S9 Progress Thread 2014 - RAD

Pickups for Carl.
IMG_20140628_165153_zpsefbsb4yn.jpg

I hate to break it too you... but you missed one of the magnets there. You have to start over again :D

Highlander!

<techie>

I am writing this on my Acer C710 Chromebook that can now native boot any OS thanks to coreboot. I love my $199 dollar throw away almost as much as my new Mac Book Pro. It freaks people out seeing the chrome badge and then they look and it is full blown Fedora 20 running on it.

The C710 is the last gen of chromebook you can upgrade the mem and hd in. I have 8gb of ram and a 128gb SSD in a laptop that came with 2gb/16Gb.

</techie>

What was the point of telling you guys that? I now have a super portable 11.6" laptop (with decent battery life and power) for under $200 I can use in the shop that I don't care about getting dusty to run CAD and CAMBAM.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, it's been awhile since the old wookiee poked his head up. I had forgotten about all the subtle accents in that guitar. You make so many guitars that are full of eye candy, one forgets that under it all is very high level craftsmanship and woodworking skills.

SR

Man, it's been awhile since the old wookiee poked his head up. I had forgotten about all the subtle accents in that guitar. You make so many guitars that are full of eye candy, one forgets that under it all is very high level craftsmanship and woodworking skills.

SR

Oh yeah "high" alright. Like Norville "Shaggy" Rodgers who owns a talking dog "high".

If I could get past all the distractions I might be able to tie up the old builds here and start on some new stuff... I have been in finishing mode so no dust allowed in the shop. Once clear I can get some of these multiscales off my plate.

Maybe it's time to have a mental reset and do a bit of work on the shop? I see the bench is paying for itself many times over. I might take a trip to the hardware store and see if I can pick up the bits and pieces required to make a home vacuum pump. Sort of like a vertical bicycle pump but set to work in reverse. I feel the need to veneer things on the cheap.

Maybe it's time to have a mental reset and do a bit of work on the shop? I see the bench is paying for itself many times over. I might take a trip to the hardware store and see if I can pick up the bits and pieces required to make a home vacuum pump. Sort of like a vertical bicycle pump but set to work in reverse. I feel the need to veneer things on the cheap.

Oh that would be a really nice idea. Clean the shop. Build cabinets. Organize. Build a Veneer Press. Finish my bench.

Sounds like a good plan.