Project: S9 Progress Thread 2014 - RAD

On 12/21/2015 at 9:07 AM, komodo said:

We have a two-car . . . shop. My wife is a saint for that, so I built her a shed that matches the house to at least replace garage space for gardening tools, lawn chairs, mowers, etc. It's now stuffed and you have to pull stuff out to get in, Also, the curse of the shop is that it also gets used as a pseudo-garage and I find things shoved in there that shouldn't be. You all know that non-shop users see the "mess" and don't realize everything is actually exactly where we put it for a reason!

Amen brother!

My wife hates that she can't get her truck in there, but loves that she can hide some of her junk in there as well. She always looks shocked and puts on her "how on earth did that get there" face when I finally discover it.

SR

• Like 1

If only. She does, er--did--have a slowly growing pile of gardening tools that she hid all kinds of things in. Scarecrows for instance. I got some shelving set up this summer to hold tons of exotic off-cuts and discovered things I hadn't seen in some time amongst things I had never seen before. Much of it made it to the curb for pickup, either by the trash collector or the guys that come around before dawn looking for things to sell in the flea market.

SR

• 2 years later...
Just now, ScottR said:

Wow, you've had wookie parts for a long time. I forgot how nice that looks. And I forgot the accent lines you built into the body.

Is Robo-Rad still running nicely?

SR

When Robo RAD gets used yes. I fried a board in it a few years ago... pulled it out put new terminals on and jumped out the burnt traces. I really should buy a replacement board but it keeps working.

I used it for the recent SG and Greenie...

I am going to use it again for the Tele Bass. And of course building the custom pickups.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 12:57 PM, Armaan said:

How did you make the cover plate? Looks really good. 

Garolite XXX with a tiger wood veneer and a CNC machine. Cut through the veneer into the black garolite.

I used to do wood cavity covers but they warp.... garolite does not warp. West systems epoxy stick to anything. Veneers are made from the scraps of the top.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 7:49 AM, Alucard0811 said:

Wow really love the way you use the scarf joint as a design feature.

Do you have a guide or post on how one could reproduce such a joint?

Its in one of my old threads... luckily they all start with Project so you can search for them

https://www.projectguitar.com/search/?&q=Project&author=RestorationAD&search_and_or=or

On 8/10/2021 at 7:49 AM, Alucard0811 said:

Wow really love the way you use the scarf joint as a design feature.

Do you have a guide or post on how one could reproduce such a joint?

The guitar build is in this thread but I think I blew past the scarf