went a bit mad with the sander....

crossy

Okay, so here's the story....

I am currently in the process of refinishing my PRS Tremonti SE. The plan is to sand the back and neck back to bare wood and stain and finish leaving the top as gloss black. All went to plan apart from an issue with the headstock binding. I went a bit too far without realising on some of the horns and the binding has rubbed all the way through.

This wouldn't be a problem, I would have just removed all of the binding (as it is on higher end PRS models), but this only problem is that is joins in to the neck past the nut.

So what is your advice guys? Sand it away? Try and replace those sections of binding? Replace all of the binding?

Below are pics so you can get a better idea.

Thanks

29vfe5s.jpg

2uq2dn6.jpg

wryvz8.jpg

14o598p.jpg

You could get away with leaving the binding on the bottom curves where it ties to the fretboard binding and sanding the rest away. But the least noticeable thing to do would b e to clean up the curves where you sanded to deep, touch up the binding channel as needed and rebind the balance of the headstock. It looks like you could get away with not rebinding those lower curves that tie to the FB binding.

SR