Guitar Of The Month - March 2014

ProjectGuitar.com's Guitar Of The Month contest is a showcase for all members to exhibit their creations and to vote on whose if this month's favourite.

This contest is open entry for any and all members. The winner(s) receive featured article placement on the ProjectGuitar.com homepage, default site wallpaper and privileged member perks across the site (plus a shiny badge). The main Project Guitar site sees thousands of unique visitors from around the Internet so show off your work for the world to see!

Submissions are open throughout the month until the last seven days when public voting open. Polls automatically close at the tick of midnight on the 1st of each month.

Contest Guidelines

• Post a maximum of four of your best photos for each guitar entered.
  • Ensure that your guitar has a name otherwise one will be given to it :)
  • List additional descriptive information specific to the build (for example woods, scale length, electronics, whether it is your first build, etc.)
  • Posting a link to your guitar-building website, Photobucket, Facebook, etc. is fine, even if it is your business. In the spirit of fairness we encourage instruments made by individuals rather than seasoned manufacturers.
  • Tell us more about the instrument! Why you chose various build aspects, any background on what makes it special, etc.
  • Post a link to the build thread if one exists.

Unsure what to write? Have a look around the entry archives for suggestions.

If you are unable to link/post photographs or have any other questions about the GOTM contest, either PM me or ask forum members; we're a helpful bunch! In general it is recommended to upload your photos into Project Guitar's Gallery and inserting them using the "My Media" button in the post editor.

This thread is exclusively for entry posts only - any post that is not an entry will be deleted. Traditionally the month's entries are discussed once polls open or within each instrument's build thread if one has been made.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't going to enter this but since its crickets in here I'll get this month started.

At the behest of family and friends I'm calling this model the Dimple SN.

Maple top

One piece chambered Sapele body and matching neck

25” neck w pearl inlay.

Ebony fingerboard & headplate w magnetic truss cover.

Bone nut

Seymour Duncan SH-4/SH-2 pickups

Master volume, master tone, 3- way toggle, push-pull coil split on tone control and treble bleed on volume.

John_Wallace_guitar_combo_zps82c23351.jp

D4Tail_zps14f4bc6f.jpg

D4side_zps6a819d48.jpg

JohnWallaceguitars12_zps3b532003.jpg

Build thread and a few more pics here.

FATALIS 7

Body : Ash / Flamed maple top

Neck : Maple

24 Frets, 25.5" scale

Bolt on, Side adjusting trussrod

Fingerboard : Ebony

Pickups : Lace Alumitone Deathbar&X Bar

Tuners : Sperzel locking

Bridge : Hipshot

Controls : 1 volume, 5 position lever switch

GE8-0290-cut-horz.jpg

GE8-0352.jpg

GE8-0315.jpg

GE8-0340.jpg

more pics: http://foto3.inbox.lv/brutal/Fatalis-7?language=en

i haven't made thread of building this guitar on forum, but some progress pics you will find here: http://foto3.inbox.lv/brutal/seven?language=en

Video recorded by Vladimir "Volod" Korobov - guitar player of latvian dark death metal band Preternatural.A new song from the upcoming album "Angeloid". Recorded with Line6 ux1 recording interface. Pod farm 2 / Reason limited.