Entry for February 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westhemann

Misc. stuff about life-10 bottles of beer on the wall

Believe me the idea is spreading.Our illustrious governor basically traded away Austin to the toll companies.For now they have created nice roads that will get you away from traffic jams if you have the money to pay,but from visiting Houston i know that it's only a matter of time until they are jammed up as well.

Trudat! And you are getting close already. The last time I was in Austin, it was nearly as bad as Houston. There was a media story here a couple of years ago saying that most of our toll roads were set up to only be tolls till they were paid for. And the story's point was since they are all paid off, why are they still collecting tolls?

And the story just went away.......so who killed it?

SR

Same thing here.It was only supposed to be for a few years and then they would be free,but as soon as they gave the go-ahead to start building that changed.You can bet Rick Perry's pockets are lined pretty well though.

Dumbest conversation I have overheard in a while..

"You know,a million dollars isn't really much money."

"I know.My Mom has 3 million put away and that only gives her $8500/month to live on.I don't know how she does it."

"If you think about it,the average family spends like 100k a year...and that's just to get by."

This from two guys who make about $50k/year

If you can't live on 8.5k/month and be comfortable,you are doing something stupid.

I dont own a bathrobe, is that a bad thing?

Just had a kind of surreal experience, my dad died about three years ago and earlier i went through his tool box looking for some tools i need for work. This was hos box he worked out of and i havent ever been in it without hom being there. The first 25 years of my life i only saw it a few times. It was kind strange finding those little things me and my sister gave him as kids and pictures papers that he kept in it for some reason. It was kind hard seeing that stuff

Wes, Tim, and Scott...it´s so nice to see you guys still hang around here. How´s things? I´ve been around the place for a few minutes and it looks so nice!

The niño is enormous! He just recently turned 4, and he´s 1.12...almost 4 ft. tall? Am I right? Anyway, life´s been good so far (Joe Walsh reference). How are you guys doing?

Hey,Joe.

Not really much happening.Beef prices are up.It appears that John Cougar was right and that life actually does go on long after the thrill of livin' is gone.

I think as soon as someone builds a spaceship I am going to steal it and go.Not sure where,but somewhere.

Oh great.Now they have a Jackson Pro Soloist in all mahogany with Dimarzio pups for $900.It's a Chris Broderick sig. model.Just what I always said they needed.

F-ing gonna make me spend my money one way or the other I guess.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-chris-broderick-pro-series-soloist-6/h94550