Guitar Of The Month vote - March 2014

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click here >
This thread and poll automagically close on the 1st February 2014.

The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month gets front page placement on the main Project Guitar website, promotion via a photo feature on our Facebook page and as the default site background photo! Good luck to all of this month's entrants.

So what does everybody think of the entries this month? Got your own favourite? Found it difficult to choose? Got GAS? :-)

So we've got a two horse race this month. Truth is we often have a two horse race, it's just that this month all the other contenders bowed out and left it too the front runners.

sdshirtman's build has gorgeous lines and I really like the carves, front and back. The neck join carve is very creative, I'd love to know how that feels. If I were to do anything different it would be to make the colors a bit less subtle but that's just me. Did I mention how partial I am to carves?

brutal-Iv....the thing that stands out to me about this build is how well everything works together from the front view. The colors, the hardware, the inlay and the headstock treatment is especially nice. This is undoubtedly a metal guitar, and I'm not a metal guy so, I really cannot say what I'd do differently....carry that gunmetal grey theme into the ash grain maybe? And that would probably be wrong.

These are two really fine instuments guys, very well done.

SR

So we've got a two horse race this month. Truth is we often have a two horse race, it's just that this month all the other contenders bowed out and left it too the front runners.

sdshirtman's build has gorgeous lines and I really like the carves, front and back. The neck join carve is very creative, I'd love to know how that feels. If I were to do anything different it would be to make the colors a bit less subtle but that's just me. Did I mention how partial I am to carves?

brutal-Iv....the thing that stands out to me about this build is how well everything works together from the front view. The colors, the hardware, the inlay and the headstock treatment is especially nice. This is undoubtedly a metal guitar, and I'm not a metal guy so, I really cannot say what I'd do differently....carry that gunmetal grey theme into the ash grain maybe? And that would probably be wrong.

These are two really fine instuments guys, very well done.

SR

Of course Scott is going to like Dimple SN as it has a nice feel to it and resembles his builds.

I like it. Both builds are very well put together and have pretty good photos. Fit and finish looks top notch on each.

I really dig the color on the Fatalis.

Torn in two worlds here. The Dimple is a nice respectable set neck but it has some PRS to it and you guys know how I feel about PRS. The Fatalis looks like a respectable shredder which I am all for but it has a bolt on neck and you guys know how I feel about bolt on necks.

I am not sure about the side adjust trussrod on the Fatalis. I mean I really never need to adjust my trussrods in an emergency where access is a real issue.

I will have to think about these two.

Also very disappointed that we only have 2 entries.