Guitar Of The Month - April 2014

ProjectGuitar.com's Guitar Of The Month contest is a showcase for all members to exhibit their creations and to vote on whose is this month's favourite.

This contest is open entry for any and all members. The winner(s) receive featured article placement on the ProjectGuitar.com homepage, default site background wallpaper and privileged member perks across the site (plus a shiny badge!). The main Project Guitar site sees thousands of unique visitors from around the Internet so show off your work for the world to see!

Submissions are open throughout the month until about the last week when public voting open. Polls automatically close at the tick of midnight on the 1st of each month.

Contest Guidelines

• Post a maximum of four of your best photos for each guitar entered.
  • Ensure that your guitar has a name otherwise one will be given to it. :)
  • List additional descriptive information specific to the build (for example woods, scale length, electronics, whether it is your first build, etc.) and optionally a summary of the build's history. Was it built for yourself? What were your inspirations? Why you chose various build aspects, any background on what makes it special, etc. Tell us more about the instrument!
  • Posting a link to your guitar-building website, Photobucket, Facebook, etc. is fine, even if it is your business. In the spirit of fairness we encourage instruments made by individuals rather than seasoned manufacturers.
  • Post a link to the project build thread if one exists. Generally builds that have been shared with the community get more votes!

Unsure what to write? Have a look around the entry archives for suggestions.

If you are unable to link/post photographs or have any other questions about the GOTM contest, either PM me or ask forum members; we're a helpful bunch! In general it is recommended to upload your photos into Project Guitar's Gallery and inserting them using the "My Media" button in the post editor.

This thread is exclusively for entry posts only - any post that is not an entry will be deleted. Traditionally the month's entries are discussed once polls open or within each instrument's build thread if one has been made.

I rarely finish a full build, so i figured why not?
Bubinga EXP custom!

Finished009_zps60d9b469.jpg

Finished026_zps5c37aa3f.jpg

Finished024_zpsc3d1c408.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is my custom neck through firebird project, documented here on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvHM0_cyyFLx058GM4UmZd_CfmM-3fO5t

multi laminated walnut and maple, with birdeye maple fretboard and walnut inlays. Finished in waterlox.

guitar sounds great and plays perferctly. The gearless tuners are interesting, not sure if I would use these again.

fb1.jpg

fb2.jpg

fb3.jpg

fb4.jpg

There hasn't been many submissions lately, so I thought I'd throw one up to raise the numbers and hopefully a few others will too.

Come on new guys, don't be shy. More than once this has been won by guys posting their first ever build. Even if you don't think it'll win, post it to get some feedback to use towards your next build.

Specs - Mahogany with Wenge fingerboard and Ebony binding, then some parts chucked at it. Customer ordered specs.

"Wartorn SS6"

Logo branded by iron heated in fire.

1511652_594628387285666_1018429223_n.jpg

Single Bareknuckle Warpig pickup

1960015_594628433952328_1976470156_n.jpg

Neckthru heel carve

1622859_594628497285655_1869022692_n.jpg

Recessed Kahler

1912125_594628480618990_723316238_n.jpg

Name: H851

Specs:

body: poplar

top: carved flamed poplar

neck: flamed maple

fingerboard: rosewood, compound radiused 12"-16"

pickups: Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) & Seymour Duncan Jazz (Neck)

bridge: Technology4Musicians (H)S Bridge

nut: Technology4Musicians (H)Nuts

weight: 2600 gr (5.73 lbs)

H851_1.png

H851_4.png

H851_5.png

H851_9.png

Here is the link of full thread:

Edited by Technology4Musicians

Blackguard

Blackguard

Basically an experiment with a bolt on model. I wanted a nice tele sensibility with modern edge. I used construction grade pine for the body and a regular hard maple neck.

Maple neck and Fretboard

Eastern White Pine Body (Lowes 2x8s)

Guitar Logistics Telecaster Blades

Kluson Vintage Tuners and Half Tele Bridge

15" Radius

Jumbo Frets

da5a180a-1950-4a38-83b2-7112aad6d4de_zps

961a9b9e-41bb-4275-a815-fff0ba301e2e_zps

0b4e15aa-e2bb-4114-aa54-4cbaac38475e_zps

2d3000a3-cbde-4303-a010-7cca0d07a779_zps