Lasercut Guitar Picks from Vinyl Records

Hi Guys,

As a designer I have been busy messing around with my guitar and finding a new cool addition for a muscial artist. I the recordstore I found a bunch of old classis Vinyl records and was sure to thing of a cool way too upcycle these forgotten things. After some experimenting I came on the idea to try cutting guitar picks from these record, with great succes. They have the right handle, flex and produce a good sound. With the lasercutter you can also engrave a design into the material which with the right records (composition of the vinyl varies with each label) you get a great effect!

I'm now busy crafting nice sets of these picks and am curious if there are alot of enthousiastic musicians that would also love to have picks like these! I made a scale of various design that look great on the picks, but ofcourse the coolest thing to have for a musician or band is picks with there own design!

I was wondering if you guys would love to have picks like this yourselfs. I opened a little shop on Etsy where I put them for sale, and also offer my services to make you guys your own picks.

www.etsy.com/shop/RobertJanvanderKaaij

If you are interested, have ideas, or want to ask me about a the options, I'm open for everything and we can always arrange something!

Greets,

Robert Jan van der Kaaij

Sounds very very cool! Upcycling is always a good thing, too.

Thanks man, I'm having alot of fun scouting for the vinyl and then producing the guitar picks from them. Hoping to make a custom set of picks for an passionate musician any time soon. Being able to make a set of picks that matches the guitar and the owner would be really cool!

Try pinging an email to (I think it is Janne) at Blood Music in Finland. They do a lot of top quality vinyls for bands and invariably there are rejects. Given that many of the lacquers are special splatter or custom inked pressings, they can't be recycled. Perhaps this would be a good thing for both of you to hammer out. Might be productive for all concerned.

Try pinging an email to (I think it is Janne) at Blood Music in Finland. They do a lot of top quality vinyls for bands and invariably there are rejects. Given that many of the lacquers are special splatter or custom inked pressings, they can't be recycled. Perhaps this would be a good thing for both of you to hammer out. Might be productive for all concerned.

Thanks you so much for the tip, thats a great idea! I will contact them right away. It could be a fruitful collaboration indeed