Tutorial for how to Do a carriburst Sponsored

Snork

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i am all for a few hints on how it is done.it doesn't mean it is the only way,just that it is one way...i am sure we will all still use different products and have different ideas...andthat's what it's all about.just because we are working on our own ideas doesn't mean that everyone else should have to wait befoire trying their own

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I wasnt saying dont do it. I am sorry if it was taken that way. I was simply trying to say that tips are good, and I am all for seeing some, but just dont make a full on tutorial. The more tips, the better, to an extent. I hope I dont sound like an ass, or have further confused the issue.

Sorry to be the odd man out, but that is the single most retarded thing I've seen Snork do (if he was the one to invite Brian). As far as I'm concerned, if someone comes in here and gives some sort of demonstration, then the competition is over for me, and I can't see where anyone else would want to continue in the competition either.

If you can't see the obvious conflict therin, I won't bother the time to point it out.

You're supposed to go out and figure it out for yourself for chrissakes.

It destroys -everything- to do with the competition,and the tutorial, there's no real reason to continue with either if someone is going to come in and show everyone how it's done...

***???

Have fun with it lads, I'll be moving on to something else... :D

!!!!!!!!WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i met this guy in norwalk and he just happened to tell me he did a carriburst. and i said that i was on forums........ and he should tell people about it......................

I mean i'm a total finishing newb. ANd so are most of the other people doing it.... so i mean come on give me a break!

Guest AlexVDL

I think it's a good idea... Snork thanks for the help dude!!

If you don't want to see how he did it than just don't read the thread. i.e. there are different ways of building a neck and so are different tutorials... why wouldn't you come up with a better way and post it here?

I don't see any problem with this guy telling us his experiences and tips how he done the carriburst. It doesn't mean his way is THE way... maybe you will find out an even simpler or better way...

of course there is still reason to do it.for one,i am sure there is more than one way to do it,for another,some people are going to use waterbased stains,ome oil based,some may even use colored coats.

you don't think anyone was going to do it without researching around the web,do you?

rodney already came in and gave a heads up to it a few weeks ago

i thought originally the idea was to create the best finished guitar...the tutorial was just something brian added to be more in keeping with the whole project guitar thing,which is all about learning BEFORE going through all the mistakes

anyway that is my opinion

Well, simply put, Drak was the forerunner of this, and also set the rules. I think he has a piont. And my point is this: If the idea is going to break the fellowship of the carrie, then call it off. The even dozen was a perfect thing. I dont want there to be a conflict when its all about the fun anyway.

OK, I say dont Post the tips/tut until Brian Calevert clears the idea. (if it is a full tut, I will still build a carrie, but not for the contest. It is asinine to have a tutorial when the contest is for a tuorial, dig?)

This is my bottom-line on it.

If that many people need a tutorial on how to do it in the first place, then no one was really prepared to do it in competition, hence no grounds for a competition or a tutorial, and it has now become a 'how to' class. The 'how to' was supposed to be relegated to next year after the winning tutorial was posted. This was for those who already knew how to do it.

That's fine by me, but I don't need a 'how to' class, I wanted someone who could compete heads-up against me for fun with what they already had going for them.

The idea for someone to come in and give a tutorial at the beginning is so far away from what my original post was about as to be a completely different concept altogether. Not even remotely related anymore.

What I cannot figure out is why anyone would have entered the competition if they didn't already have an idea how to do it, that is confusing to me...and this idea to bring someone in is like a grand 'cheat sheet' presented to the whole class the day before a test...y'know, 'OK, question one class, will be about COLORS. Notice my shirt is RED, and, wow, that wall is RED, you might want to remember that for question one...

There's no competition in that. I obviously had plans to build one, that's where it all started, but I will just do it like I was going to do it anyway, 'cuz this thing has turned into something 100% different than intended from the original post. No biggie, I wish you all the best! :D

PS, the other problem I had was that it was made verrrry clear that ALL ideas were to be thrown up before Jan.1. As of Jan.1, it was ON. But Snork doesn't seem to follow rules at times, although I know it was a good-hearted gesture, it goes against everything about the competition. The rules were freely broken, and no one to step in and say 'that's not allowed, that's not in the original format" (except me I guess)

If I was an MIMF-y ass, I would suggest that anyone who doesn't know how to do it should just back out of it and leave this to those who know how, that's what it was supposed to be about, but I'm not really that hard-core, I don't care that much, it was just a fun idea, so no biggie in the end.

Let me play Devil's Advocate.

What about the numerous members that aren't in the contest but still could benefit from the tutorial?

As far as the guys who are in the contest,

1. you don't have to read it

2. it seems that the ones who do know how to do it have an advantage and probably don't want the ones who don't know how to be able to even the playing field.

3. if a tutorial is out there and everyone knows basically how to do it then the contest will be based (as it should be) on creativity and craftsmanship, not some special piece of knowledge.

My $0.02