EMG-hz-h3/p.i.o. cap replacement?

BucksBoogie

thats a wonderful thing that you and your family did today, i cant imagine how hard it was to make that decision. My father received a kidney it only lasted about 4 years but it added a lot of great quality to his life and probably a few years. I know it doesnt seem like much but you have given 4 people and there families a great gift that words cannot express.

To Tim and Pro, as well as Projectguitar, my respect for your kind words.

In order to keep my mind occupied, I finally got busy with the pio cap tonight, that came the day after Jacqui's accident. I used the EMG tone pot and added the cap to it, then installed it. I remembered that I had tried the pot before, wasn't impressed and returned the Epi pot with the pio cap attached. I'd forgotten that I'd swapped it back, too much on my mind, you know? No kidding, despite being limited in not owning or being able to afford a tube amp, I love it. I will have all day tomorrow to play with the multi effects pedal, but just coming through clean, there is a richness I just wasn't getting from the low end and a sharp, crisp, I don't know, raw and almost punk edge from the highs. LPJ and raw, that's all i was asking for. Granted, that's not the classic rock flavor I was really looking for in the beginning, but I really enjoy what I'm hearing. I look forward to seeing what the RP90 pedal can do. I was somewhat disappointed by what it had to offer before, but crap in always means crap out. I think I have something I can work with now. It'd be great if I had better finger skills, but I'm just an old man trying to relive his youth in the music that made me want to enjoy life.

Maybe I should just put these together, wasn't it Leo Fender that couldn't play a lick and made some gnarly guitars? I'm not giving up though. My step daughters are putting together a great benefit for my baby and some of my daughters friends are volunteering their bands for it. Maybe I can get them to spare a poor old man some time.

I won't ask her guitar playing boyfriend, though. I'm not wholly convinced that his multiple stories about that night have satisfied my need to know he had her best interest in mind that night. I suspect he was just trying to cover his ass for having a few beers on Dingus Day and I hope that's all it was. (Don't know what the hell Dingus Day is? I lived here for the better part of my 51 years and I didn't understand what the hell the Polish kids, which were many in my town and what they were doing the day after Easter with **** willows sprigs and squirt guns. I always figured, it wasn't my business, but now I know. You'll have to find out for yourselves, though quite a few girls were smacking me with the sprigs in my high school years, who knew?)

I know that the pedal can replicate many different amps and Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult has spoken well of the product line. I'd like to hear what the Marshall, Laney, Fender and Vox programs sound like now. I know the reverb is great and the distortion sounds really good, just based on all of it stock and look forward to what I can squeeze out of it all now. I'll still be scouring the garage sales every weekend, I'd imagine sooner or later I'll find a nice tube amp that won't put me in the poor house. Then again, I might find nothing, but it's worth spending the time. I've heard all the stories and maybe I'll stumble across that under used and untrashed treasure some day.