Guitar Of The Month vote - July 2014

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Need another peek at this month's entries? Click !

This thread and poll automagically close on the 1st July 2014.

The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page and as the default site background photo, plus a shiny member badge!

Good luck to both of this month's entrants. Two amazing guitars and a lot to discuss about them....

Well, the sad news is there are only two entries this month.....the good news is they are both very worthy.

Menapia, "Balor"---I love this guitar! I love the yew top and what is probably the best example of taking what would be considered a flaw, nay two flaws - in the wood and turning them into not only a feature, but the feature. The guitar was designed around that feature. Excellent creativity and disdain for convention. The top carve is bold and makes me think of a dragon. Balor was not a dragon, but I expect he ran into one or two. The back carve is excellent, I think all guitars should have one. Top notch craftsmanship everywhere. This is not a design that will appeal to everyone that sees it. It is the design that piece of wood wanted to be, and that appeals to me greatly.

pan_kara, "The Druid"---I am not normally a fan of Vs. To make me such a huge fan of this one as you did is probably a larger feat than making a me a huge fan of Balor. I think you may have done something similar by taking some great hardware and building the best guitar to showcase it. Everything goes together. The wood choice is perfect. The finish is perfect. The construction is excellent. And you've taken hardware with a finish that evokes age into a modern body style and tied them together perfectly with your woodworking.

Outstanding work gentlemen.

SR

• Like 1