My Bass Project

12 hours ago, Mr Natural said:

welcome back. I took 2.5 years away from the group as "life gets in the way" sometimes. 

did you build the case by chance? 

I have the shell built, but my daughter's penguin comes next in the priority list, as per my daughter.

Well, that plus finding a single home with either a large basement or a garage that I can turn into a workshop. My wife said that she would not mind if I continued to build, as long as a 30 second walk was involved instead of a 20 minute drive.

11 hours ago, ScottR said:

Well hello Chuck! Rising from the ashes as it were. Welcome back! 

The bass turned out quite nice too! Well done.

SR

SR, thanks! Coming from you, that means a lot. You and Pros were a big help in this. My friend who is teaching me carving was requested to make birds for the Long's park Art Show in Lancaster this year. He does not carve to sell, he always gave them as gifts to friends and family. He is really excited for this, plus a little stressed. He is making 8 gray catbirds, 3 cranes, and 8 mallards. I told him I would help him by keeping out of his way. He laughed and thanked me for it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, a little update. I hauled the Brick to my church Wednesday night. It definitely is a brick - 9.5 pounds. Thanks to Vorson for a padded strap. The one bass player in our worship team asked if he could play it. He sat down, plugged it in and started playing a few licks. Needless to say, I was very happy that it made music, The bass player looked at me and asked, "When are you going to build mine now."
We are in discussion about what he wants in the way of wood and hardware. He wants the same shape, so I must have done something right.

Oh, my wife and I looked at a house nearby that has a full basement and is being sold 20K under list.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, a few things:

1. The bass case is on hold. I was at yard sales the other week with my wife and daughter and found this Hohner bass case for 10 dollars. The only issue was the zippers were missing the pull tabs. Enter two keychain rings, and it works fine.

2. We passed on the house. It had a large unfinished basement,  but the rest of the house was too small. We are working on becoming pre-approved and are looking at other houses. My wife knows that I am looking for a place to work and she is okay with that.

3. Sad news. After fighting liver cancer for a year, my mother passed away this past Tuesday. She was a fighter and blew the doctors away by living this long and this well. They only gave her 6  months to live.

Bass Case 1.jpg

Bass Case 2.jpg