ScottR

BEER! What's in your fridge?

Mr Natural    238

I am catching up on updates here- missed a few last weekend-I got a kick ass recommendation from @ScottR a week or so ago- Lagunitas BornYesterday Pale ale- very glad Scott recommended and very glad I bought and consumed it nice and hoppy, juicy and good stuff. I got this one particularly ice cold- so much so it was almost a frozen slushy. Still kick ass. 

20171119_161227.thumb.jpg.bfdd64432523a4f63fea44753551ed9b.jpg

My nephew who was born in/lives in Germany came over with some of his fellow university students and competed in a Bio/engineering competition at MIT this month. he was nice enough to bring uncle Natch some nice goodies from Trillium Brewery in Boston. 

First up, Meltcher Street IPA. Extremely smooth, the taste is "tight" its not in your face, its juicy, but not overly so,  its just good and smooth and tight. Dont know how else to explain it folks. Mosaic and columbus hops at their finest. This stuff rocks. 7.3% ABV- getting into almost Double IPA territory there. 

20171120_192636.thumb.jpg.6d115e72f454dd29d771bf66cd0e9918.jpg

And Trillium's double ipa Mettle- this grapefruit juice looking concoction comes in at 8.4% ABV, smooth as a baby's ass, Amarillo, Citra and Columbus hops, this stuff rocks too. Nothing but praise for this Trillium stuff- gotta get my hands on some more. Their Congress Street IPA is supposedly the schnizzle- but unfortunately it was only available on draft when my nephew was there. 

20171120_203350.thumb.jpg.4b621d7876cd6f230801688ad431336a.jpg

• Like 1

Mr Natural    238

@mattharris75 this obnoxious message brought to you by:

this beer (broad street pale ale from ATHENS, GA (which, @mattharris75 happens to be where the Georgia Bulldogs are from :D

did you notice I used GEORGIA script in the cartoon above? 

20171201_150641.thumb.jpg.06c90ba5cdd77e826e96c6ef169e7d7e.jpg

and this beer- a recommendation from @ScottR- liquid truth serum from Dogfish Head. (thanks Scotty- good stuff)

20171201_174105.thumb.jpg.5945b179eeff7c48c60671b4550afdf2.jpg

and then this stuff- hey @mattharris75- did you know creature comforts is from Athens, Ga, home of the 2017 SEC Champs Georgia Bulldogs? 

hmmm-tropicalisma. 

20171129_192005.thumb.jpg.e5c39e7f74966c474398144b5a5439a1.jpg

Pearl likes Tiger meat, or eagle meat, whatever- raw-  

20171202_193041.thumb.jpg.ce91642745619bc42b33009a1d21db22.jpg

Prostheta    1,254

Wow. You don't mind if I'm the casual viewer on your ridiculous adventures in beer right? Do any of these even manage to see much time in the fridge? Not drinking much beer lately. Nice Riesling last night. Couple of Old Rosie ciders.

Mr Natural    238
8 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Wow. You don't mind if I'm the casual viewer on your ridiculous adventures in beer right? Do any of these even manage to see much time in the fridge? Not drinking much beer lately. Nice Riesling last night. Couple of Old Rosie ciders.

"your ridiculous adventures in beer right"- well- that is all in the mind of whose perspective you are looking at- I am on a craft beer kick, and- my goal in that is to try something new every weekend. I am successful at that goal, however- looks may be deceiving-

" Do any of these even manage to see much time in the fridge?"-the answer to that question is yes/no/maybe. 

Some of the pics I have posted are of singles I have purchased. Some stores let you buy singles (higher price per unit of course- but you can try before committing to a whole 4 or six pack. In this case- a single beer doesnt usually stay long in the frig. 

Some of the pics I have posted are "mixer sixers" where some stores allow you to take six singles and make your own six pack- at a higher price of course- but again- get to try many different beers without committing to whole 4 or 6 pack. 

Some beers I get and I take some of them and share with neighbors, or fellow beer dorks I know here and there. For instance- my nephew brought me those Trillium beer- 2 four packs- I have consumed two singles- four of them were sent to fellow beer dork, and I am saving 2 of them for when my brother arrives in from Germany for Christmas. I have about 10 different beers or so saved for his arrival to share. (pic below)

I like to share- I have two neighbors that are beer dorks like me- we often will "meet up" after lawn mowing in the summer and sample each's finds for the week and shoot the shit. 

What you dont see are the drain pours. If a beer sucks- its hitting the drain. For a while when I started this kick- for every 10 beers I tried- probably 4 or more were drain pours- now- I am a bit more cautious- I look up beers on BeerAdvocate- if its below a 4 out of 5 rating I normally pass. This has decreased my drain pours dramatically- usually now my drain pours are something I take a chance on- like that Oconnee Lions Lamb stuff I bought. Blah- I suffered thru half of one- gave 2 to my neighbors (ha ha) and the other 3 hit the drain. 

My goal is to find great beer and enjoy the talent some of these brewers have put into their craft. I normally drink about 6 beers a weekend- last night I drank about 12 as we had a big old SEC championship game party at my digs. My frig may have 10-20 beers in rotation as I work thru them. 

since you asked Carl- here is what the frig looks like this morning- this is my beer drawer- and yes- I have carrots and apples in there too. it was stocked crammed with beer only yesterday. (sorry for the fuzzy photo)

ridiculous adventures you say.. .......BEER DORKS UNITE!!!!

20171203_110432.thumb.jpg.a74cf94450208ca61c8d33c536ed43f9.jpg

• Like 1