Entry for May 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fmiller

Real or Fake Gibson

My grandpa is moving and asked me to clean out his garage, I found a Gibson guitar my grandpa said he bought back in the 80's and forgot all about it and so he let me keep it. I started doing research and see things that make me think its fake but there are things that say it's real. The serial number is 7045 which is a true serial number for a 1961Gibson from the Kalamazoo Plant. There are parts of the guitar like the neck that look like they fakes but also has item's that look real. The fact my grandpa said he paid like $10 bucks for it back in the 80's at a garage sale is the biggest flag it's fake. Thanks for any tips or help.

Pictures would certainly help in ascertaining whether or not it is fake. I have seen stranger things sell for way below value at garage sales or places like Craigslist.

Pictures would certainly help in ascertaining whether or not it is fake. I have seen stranger things sell for way below value at garage sales or places like Craigslist.

+1

SR

Upload them to photobucket, then look through the tutorial section. There's a tutorial (how unexpected o.O :D) about how to implement photos :)

10 bucks is a great deal, even for a fake gibson :D I visit the marked every week and hope to someday find a gem really cheap. Already got a Original Fender blackie (Eric Claptons signiture) for 200€, so I'd say it's possible it's real :)

My old boss's wife sold his Martin D28 for $150 at a yard sale.

She thought was just collecting dust in the garage so she decided to sell it without asking him first. So, who knows? Maybe you got lucky.