Trans Tint Dyes- Moss Green/Jade Green

My next build is an Evro PRS Kit. Using water-based Trans Tint dyes I wish to achieve either a Moss Green or PRS Jade finish....I was hoping somebody may have suggestions/mixing ratios to achieve either.

I was also considering trying a Trans Tint Red Mahogany with Trans Tint Bright Red added...has anyone experimented in this tonal range?

Thank You!!!

You are going have to experiment a little I'm afraid. Start with a little water and add green drop by drop till you get a color density you like. For the moss green I'd add mahogany one drop at a time till you like it. For the jade add a blue one drop at a time till you like it.

SR

It is best to go slowly when adding the second color, and it's always best to test on scrap. I'm assuming your top is maple?

There is no need to be intimidated by the dye job though, just about everything you do is reversable. If you get too much of the second color in your mix just add more water and green to get back to a better ratio. If you get it on the wood and decide it's too light just keep applying and it will darken up. If you have a ways to go add more dye to your mix and apply another layer. If it's too dark you can sand back some of the color and reapply a less intense color. If you get it on there and just wish it was a little more blue or brown or amber or whatever, you can mix up a dilute batch of the tint color and apply that and it will slowly bring the color around.

Dyeing is fun!

SR

I sincerely appreciate all of the advice...I know it will help with my lack of experience (but no lack of enthusiasm!) I located an on-line resource( HardwoodSamples) and may invest in some similar wood samples to test on. Due to the limitations of apartment living, the project may be a slow go, but I will post my progress (good or bad).

Thanks Again!