Guitar Of The Month - January 2015

ProjectGuitar.com's Guitar Of The Month contest is a showcase for all members to exhibit their creations and to vote on whose is this month's favourite. The contest is open entry for any and all members. The winner(s) receive a featured article placement at the top of the ProjectGuitar.com homepage, default site background wallpaper and privileged member perks across the site (plus a shiny member badge in the forums!). The main ProjectGuitar.com site sees thousands of unique visitors from around the Internet so show off your work for the world to see!

Submissions are open throughout the month until about the last week when public voting open. Polls automatically close at the tick of midnight on the 1st of each month.

Tips and Guidelines

• Post a maximum of four eight of your best photos for each guitar entered.
  • Ensure that your guitar has a name otherwise one will be given to it. :)
  • List additional descriptive information specific to the build; for example....
    • The woods and materials used, especially if there is something unusual in there!
    • Scale length(s) and other specific configuration details
    • Electronics, pickups, etc.
    • Is this your first build, fifth or five-hundredth?
    • A bit of information on your background as a builder helps give context to your build. Knowing whose build is a "first-timer" and those of highly experienced builders can change a voter's mind in the contest. Was it built in the garage, at school, work or in your own shop?
    • A summary of the build's history. Was it built for yourself, friend/family or a client? Did you design the instrument and its specifications or was it built to spec? What were the inspirations behind the instrument and why were various build aspects chosen? Any background on what makes it special, etc. Tell us more about the instrument!
  • Posting a link to your guitar-building website, Photobucket, Facebook, etc. is fine, even if it is your business. In the spirit of fairness we encourage instruments made by seasoned builders to have that disclosure made so there is a more even balance between weekend warriors and grizzled veterans.
  • If you documented your build in the forums, post a link to the thread! Instruments with a build thread tend to attract more votes from the general community.

Unsure what to write? Have a look around the entry archives for suggestions.

If you are unable to link/post photographs or have any other questions about the GOTM contest, either PM me or ask forum members; we're a helpful bunch! In general it is recommended to upload your photos into ProjectGuitar.com Gallery and inserting them using the "My Media" button in the post editor.

This thread is exclusively for entry posts only - any post that is not an entry will be deleted. We love to hear your discussions and opinions on the month's entries whilst the polls are open. Alternatively, head over to that instrument's build thread if one has been made in the entry post.

Good luck to all entrants!

:croudwaits

• 2 weeks later...
I've been a member here for, what, 7 years, and I've never entered one of these. Well, there's a first time for everything I suppose...

Here's a custom Ross Precision Guitars DC-1 ("RPG DC-1") built for Edoardo Curatolo with "the works" :)

The specs:

Carved Ash body w/ contrasting grain fill

Maple neck w/ satin red-to-black fade back

Ebony fretboard

25.5-27" scale lengths

LED/Fiber in Aluminum tube side dots (w/ adjustable brightness)

Graphtech Ghost saddles on a custom Ebony and aluminum bridge

Lace Alumitone pickups

Sperzel tuners

Push/push magnetic/acoustic volume selector

3-way pickup selector

Aluminum nut and cavity cover

Thanks!

-DC Ross

Edited by DC Ross
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've been here a heck of a long time as well and this is also my first time entering. Lurking this forum for damn near ten years, I've learned a lot from everyone on here. What to do, how to do it, and what not to do! I appreciate all the help this community has given me, and am finally proud to present a project of my own. Let me know what you think!

I call this one Azure.

-Honduran mahogany body

-Frazer valley flame maple top

-Wenge neck with padauk laminate, maple veneer accent strips

-Truss rod cover made of matching woods padauk/maple/padauk/maple veneers

-Rosewood fretboard with figured koa binding

-Cavity cover made from matching top billet

-Padauk headstock inlay

-Natural wood body and headstock binding

-Jumbo frets

-3 way pickup switching

-Volume and tone control

-Schaller straplocks

-Hipshot open locking tuners

-Evertune bridge

-Bare Knuckle pickups (Painkiller matched set, nickel covered)

-25 1/2 ” scale length

-12” radius fretboard

-1 11/16 ” nut width

Good luck guys! Thanks!

Edited by ginner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Custom Slash LP

Took me forever to complete this one, filmed most of the process, this is the body from my Les Paul build. Here is the playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvHM0_cyyFLwZPaOTGxyLgniEhx5Vi04p

Flame maple top, with African mahogany back, Honduran mahogany neck, Honduran rosewood fretboard, ebony face plate

Custom man-made turquoise inlays and knob tip. Truss rod cover was custom made of the turquoise but it looked terrible so I sprayed the top black and left the sides blue

2K speed finish on the top and tru-oil on the back.

Signature Slash Pups, guitar sounds and plays great. Used Keda Dyes for this top, not sure I liked them. RS Guitar works pots, jumbo frets, double action truss rod, and crushed inlay man-made turquoise inlay logo

slash1.jpg

slash2.jpg

slash3.jpg

slash4.jpg

slash5.jpg

slash6.jpg

slash7.jpg

slash8.jpg