Shad Peters shop burns down.

I just found this on another site. Very sad. Forum member Shad Peters shop has burnt down.

"Firefighters from Cowan, Losantville, Liberty Township and other departments on Wednesday afternoon battled a blaze that destroyed a three-car detached garage outside a home at 11600 S. Delaware County Road 396-E. Shad Peters operated Peter's instruments, a custom guitar manufacturing business, in the structure.

The value of property lost in the fire — including specialized machinery and as many as a half-dozen guitar in various stages of construction — was estimated at $60,000 or higher."

~The Star Press

http://www.thestarpress.com/story/news/local/2014/12/31/fire-consumes-guitar-business/21126569/

I read that too, what a horrible thing to go through. I think this should be shown on the first page of Projectguitar, please remove the Guitar of the year thing and put a notification of these awful news there instead. Someone started a GoFundMe to support Shad: http://www.gofundme.com/ju5f28 A link to that page should also be included in that case. Let's all help out in any small way we can!

• Like 1

Oh crap, this is awful. Was Shad not covered by home or business insurance?

This is last thing at night for me here but yeah, good idea Johan. I'll push this to Facebook also and we'll see what we can do to try and make this easier for him getting back onto his feet, or at least allowing him to re-find some joy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I have had a lot of different people tell me that they would like to help, and while unable to do so financially, would like to send tools and stuff. If anyone would like to help in this way I have compiled a list of tools that I lost in the fire that are smaller and easy to ship. This is by no means a comprehensive list, I just rattled things off as they came to mind and wrote down a couple pages worth. If you plan to send anything please put down what you will be sending in the comments section so that others can know what is being covered, and send me a pm here, or a message on Facebook and I'll get you an address. Thanks again to everyone for all the encouragement and support! we have been blown away by the generosity of people.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter...30793400318412

Unfortunately no, I worked out of our garage which was covered under our homeowners policy, but uknown to us our policy was written in such a way that in the case of any "bussiness activities" taking place in the structure they will not cover the building, or bussiness related contents. The insurance companies definition of "bussiness" is so broad that if I had had a garage sale out there they probably would not have covered it. Its a pretty scummy situation.