Searls Guitars - 2015

demonx

On 13 February 2016 at 3:05 AM, Prostheta said:

Facebook image URLs change over time, so they are not reliable for embedding I'm afraid. It's just a great source of link/image rot. I'm sure that they change the URLs periodically to prevent bandwidth leeching.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to make more video/slideshows then!

Oddly enough Scott, that really became my area of expertise thanks to the pressures of my degree work. I made so many unique difficult-to-manufacture wooden components for my own lighting and furniture projects that I quickly became a master of making workholding jigs for spindle moulders, router tables, table saws, pneumatic clamping, sanders, etc. Just fed into the puzzle-solving part of my brain.

Allan's totally right about a CNC router not being anything more glorified than a hand or table-mounted version. Simply, your shaping template or guide jig is code rather than being physical. We'll totally forget the bit about constantly climb-cutting of course. You'd be mad to do that by hand for an entire instrument. :nanananananananananaPIRATE:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...