demonx

Searls Guitars - 2015

Prostheta    1,257

Facebook image URLs change over time, so they are not reliable for embedding I'm afraid. It's just a great source of link/image rot. I'm sure that they change the URLs periodically to prevent bandwidth leeching.

demonx    202
On 13 February 2016 at 3:05 AM, Prostheta said:

Facebook image URLs change over time, so they are not reliable for embedding I'm afraid. It's just a great source of link/image rot. I'm sure that they change the URLs periodically to prevent bandwidth leeching.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to make more video/slideshows then!

ScottR    1,366

It's good to hear you still the fun stuff by hand. I think if I ever hand a CNC I'd use it the same way you do. The thought of not having to figure out how to mount a template securely is attractive.

SR

Prostheta    1,257

Oddly enough Scott, that really became my area of expertise thanks to the pressures of my degree work. I made so many unique difficult-to-manufacture wooden components for my own lighting and furniture projects that I quickly became a master of making workholding jigs for spindle moulders, router tables, table saws, pneumatic clamping, sanders, etc. Just fed into the puzzle-solving part of my brain.

Allan's totally right about a CNC router not being anything more glorified than a hand or table-mounted version. Simply, your shaping template or guide jig is code rather than being physical. We'll totally forget the bit about constantly climb-cutting of course. You'd be mad to do that by hand for an entire instrument. :nanananananananananaPIRATE:

demonx    202

Not a whole lot going on guitar wise here with the packing up of the workshop etc, but here are a few paint progress pics of current builds:

%7Boption%7D12742714_959332720815229_807894779752499

%7Boption%7D12111941_959327147482453_746881582078492

%7Boption%7D12734216_959597427455425_759672829852053

• Like 1

demonx    202

Customer wanted bright metallic pink, after some discussion we agreed on some color samples and this fuscia variation was decided on. It's sprayed over a metallic silver and the fuscia candy is full of pearl.

demonx    202
17 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Is that paintshop a mobile unit or a built-in? No comment on the pink.

It's part of this facility:

12744461_959584600790041_874090771958455685_n.jpg

Prostheta    1,257

Very very nice. I expect nothing less of you though Allan. Wow, you've really stepped your game up the last few years man.

Prostheta    1,257

Crikey Allan - you're getting a bit crazy with your output! Love the simplicity of the soundhole. Wonderful clean work.

• Like 1

demonx    202

Thanks guys, and Prostheta, even though the Rosette may seem simple, it was a real pain. The two I did before looked much more complex and were a lot easier!

Skyjerk    62

Holy smokes! I love that dreadnought! Its freakin beautiful :)