Voting for November 2019's Guitar Of The Month is open - VOTE HERE!

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

True. I can't help but notice that all of these popular YouTube channels are in some way beholden to their sponsors, even if those sponsors are not immediately obvious. It seems that more effort goes into presenting an "honest" face these days than maintaining true journalistic integrity. Beards and Gear (Fluff) is pretty much owned by the people that pay him (or give him free stuff), plus Rob Chapman is transparently driven by the stuff he pushes. Glenn is better than most, however I guess everybody needs to pay the bills.

There's a lot of reading between the lines that needs to be done these days. I doubt that many people do this however. Call me an old idealist, however information should be dissociated from bias. A good product doesn't need to be pushed beyond simple description and awareness.

Have you ever checked out Arduino vs. Evil's channel? Amazing edumacational entertainingment.

Tons of good stuff :-)

He brings in about $3500 per month through Patreon. Amazing, but he is super knowledgeable and funny. If PG brought in a hundredth of that, I'd be happy!

I found out that the county post mug shots on their web site.

Then I realized I know way too many people that have been arrested.

• Like 1

Hello All, Happy Belated Pros, so in catching up on the reading, Sounds like Social media is a problem, the news media is a problem, politicians are a problem, hell people in general are a problem. LOL!!! The internet has allowed those of like minds to coagulate into small clumps of oooze, that somehow allow it to permeate everyday life. Thus having the effect of mind altering states for those that want to beleive in something with no substance in most cases. Well whatever? I am still here, guarding my house from the hordes that want what I don't have but think I do. :) Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great summer. Me, I'm just trying to keep my sh!t together being old. :)

Later all,

MK

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mike, have you noticed that each day when you look in the mirror, the guy staring back at you looks just the same as he did yesterday? And yet if you look at a picture of him from last week you can't even recognize the old fart?

Maybe that only happens to me. :blink:

Good to hear you're still kickin'!

SR

Ever look in the mirror and think. How can I be so much more hairy than I was 20 years ago yet have a bald spot?

What's new you ask? It's complicated, Short answer is my health is killing me, more specifically my allergies. spent 2 days in the hospital last week due to an allergic reaction to something (unknown aroma) generated inside my new CPAP machine, It basically closed up my lungs and I couldn't breath, lowering my O2 levels and causing my heart to go nuts. Was frigging scary as hell. Other than that, all is good, tired of the Texas heat right now. But it is Texas, so outside temps this time of year are to be expected. :)

MK

Good to see everyone as well, SR , Wes, Tim and all. :)

Ah, crap. That's a bummer having something that's supposed to be alleviating a condition bringing on something a hundred times worse. More petrol for the fire eh? Not that additional heat sounds like what you want right now.

That does sound scary. You appear to have a good attitude about it all still or is that a front?

SR

No,Scott,I haven't.They don't have to beg,because as soon as they let me know they don't want to be there I tell them to go.

Mike,hope it gets better soon.At least summer is mostly over.My AC went out the other day,and my van took a dive on me yesterday.My Mustang wouldn't take gas,so I took it in only to find it will cost me $2600 to get it up to snuff...so it will be done by the weekend.

But I have a job,house,food,and coffee...so I'm okay.

Oh,and because of all this I have to prioritize my living situation ahead of my truck project...so I guess that will get put on the back burner while I redo my conex and camper.

I refuse to live without AC again,and I refuse to spend more money on this old house and my old van/suburban etc.it's time to upgrade.

No,Scott,I haven't.They don't have to beg,because as soon as they let me know they don't want to be there I tell them to go.

That's the way it normally works for me too. This one kind of snuck up on me....the end result was the same though.

Why does it always seem that everything breaks at the same time? You do sound like you're in need of some upgrades.

Speaking of which, it would appear Prostheta is doing just that.....

SR

The entire site have been upgraded, which as we know has a tradition of breaking things. The entire article system is a bit tits up right now though. I see a long weekend of work ahead just to get back to the point where things were....

Every software upgrade I've ever seen breaks things....often things you don't discover broken for months. Makes me cringe every time.

SR

Hey guys! Been away for ever and a minute... still lurking when I can, but I used to check here from work, and the websense at work blocks the forum. Working on setting up shop again, just moved to a new house in San Antonio, and had a few guys from church look at the guitars and I have a few interested so I will be posting progress hopefully soon.

in the meantime I am trying to get used to the website... so make changes since I last logged in.

• Like 1

I don't know if I like the little pink hearts or not?

Oh who am I kidding .Of course I like the little pink hearts.

I don't know if I like the little pink hearts or not?

Oh who am I kidding .Of course I like the little pink hearts.

I'm more concerned about the rendering of quoted posts not working as expected.