Entry for December's Guitar Of The Month contest is now open!
http://www.projectguitar.com/forums/topic/49144-guitar-of-the-month-december-2017/

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

ScottR    1,366

I know what you mean. In my twenties, I could and often did read a book, while watching TV, while listening to a ball game on the radio and carry on a conversation at the same time and never lose my place in any of them. Now it's hard to one at a time. I sometimes have trouble staying interested in projects too....but that is usually becasue they are something I think I should do instead of something I actually want to do.

Now what the hell do I actually want to do?

SR

westhemann    302

That's the question I ask myself constantly...what do I want to do at the moment,what life do I eventually want to have,what could I do to further my goals...?

And none of it really has any hard answers except that money is involved in all of it...so when I don't have the answers,I fall into "money saving mode"...then when I figure something out I might have the means to do it.

westhemann    302

Man,people who post little sad eulogies on FB without actually saying who died or what happened annoy the crap out of me.If you are trying to "respect the family" or whatever,why are you posting at all?And then you won't answer people's questions about what the hell you are talking about?

All it is is a fancy ""I know something you don't know" post.

Apparently a man who owns a local store who everyone knows may have committed suicide...but I don't know for sure because of idiots who prefer to let speculation run wild.

ScottR    1,366

That's never bothered me......but then I don't do FB.

That's the question I ask myself constantly...

The answer I come up with most often is I want to grab a beer, a book, and a couple of dogs and go sit in my backyard.

I'm getting pretty good at not even feeling guilty about it. :)

SR

westhemann    302

Yeah,my "most often" answer is sit on a mountain on the pprch of my solar powered home watching my goats and chickens play while I sip my coffee and clean my rifle...

westhemann    302

The local store owner here in Mcdade killed himself at his store yesterday morning.Nobody knows why.His store was always doing well.

Nice guy.He used to tell me that quitting his job and buying that store was the best decision he ever made.

ScottR    1,366

There is that.

It would be depressing to wake up one day and realize that absolutely nothing works the way you remember it working.

SR

Tim37    127

Suck wes

You never know what's going on in ones mind its sad for what ever reason he choose to quit living.

Tim37    127

Is there a forum for alternative housing I am trying to find some info on container homes and I have found a few blogs and articles but very little info on actual construction.

westhemann    302

I just framed walls inside the regular way.Attached the bottom of the walls to the plywood that is on the floor of those containers and used the roof joists to hold the tops of the walls in place.they aren't attached anywhere except the floor so that the movement from the sun heating it up doesn't put stress on the interior walls.

ScottR    1,366

You ever have one of those days where you know that 4 or 5 big dumps is all it would take to make it a perfect day?

SR

Tim37    127

I have had days where I took 3 or 4 big dumps and couldn't figure out where it all came from

ScottR    1,366

Yeah, those are good days. Mine are usually followed by one or two dump free days though and the whole cycle starts again.

SR

westhemann    302

Cleared Dead Space again.That makes three times.Next Dead Space 2 for the second time...then I'll attempt Dead Space 3...but I have never played that one through.