Voting for August 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
VOTE HERE

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

Apparently he felt seeing where he was going was important too. 

Although guessing what anyone wearing a propeller beany is thinking is probably an exorcise in futility.

SR

Well all of my parts came in today for my guitar build so I guess it is time to start again on the BoDiddly :)

FYI,  I cheated and ordered a Warmoth conversion neck for this one as I wanted to see how they are made and get good measurements for future builds.. So soon I will resurrect the BoDiddly thread and start the new prototype..

First I have to go to Austin for my youngest Grand Daughters 10th Birthday this weekend ( shaking head, I don't want to go),   I'm not sure I am up to 12 little girls at one time?  This is going to be a PITA, I just know it.

I also have to make some changes to my New to me Truck. I traded off my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 and got me a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 ST quad cab 4x4 hemi 5.7. :)

MK

• Like 1

I followed a cop for several miles on the way in to work this morning. He actually drive like a civilized human being, respectfully even.

And he actually used turn signals.:huh:

It's a shame that this simple little thing is noteworthy.

SR

I never thought of that, and I didn't ever see the driver's uniform. He drive right past a substation too.

SR

If it takes a free police car to make people drive sanely, I propose that everybody gets one.

Strange,I just had the same thing happen.DPS using his signals and driving just like everyone else for a change.

According to some people, everything is a conspiracy. These are the people to point at and laugh, since they are obviously placed here by the Illuminati reptilian overlord changelings as an example of what not to do.

Cue the class watching into the demonstration room safely behind a two-way mirror.

"Let's see what happens when we take away the puppy"

No Googling. Guess the film quote.

So I just had a foundation guy come out to see what I need to fix it. Third one so far getting estimates. All of them are saying 43 to 44 piers needed. Price ranging from 12k to 29K I knew that earthquake we had did some damage about 1 and half years ago I even called my Homeowners insurance about it ( I do have Earthquake rider for my house) They said it was not covered. Now I'm fucked..  Guess I get to bite the bullet and spend some $$$. Damn this 50+ year old house. :)

Having fun in my world.  NOT!!!

mk

Fucking hell, Mike. That's just an insane hit. I couldn't imagine things like that happening without it taking most people down and out of basic home ownership. Seriously.

Oh, and fuck insurance companies. I know we all know this, and we all feel that way, but it has to be said. Again.

1 hour ago, Prostheta said:

Fucking hell, Mike. That's just an insane hit. I couldn't imagine things like that happening without it taking most people down and out of basic home ownership. Seriously.

Oh, and fuck insurance companies. I know we all know this, and we all feel that way, but it has to be said. Again.

Worse part is no guarantees as to what will happen to my flooring, (TILE) or other things like plumbing. FUCKME!!

I know there will be a lot of sheet rock rep[airs to do  as I see the separations caused from this.as well as having to paint.  I'm getting to old for me to do a lot of this which pisses me off even more as I know I could save a bunch once the foundation work is done.

FUCKME!!! Oh I already said that. LOL!!!

Time for some serious Scotch. Have not had a drink in 45 days I think I will start today. :)

MK.

Last night, sat down after a hard week and shared a Dalwhinnie, a Corryvreckan and an Ardbeg 10 with Nina. Glorious.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 8:47 AM, Prostheta said:

The good news is that ProjectGuitar.com successfully received a grant from AVEK for the development of our video work and ongoing educational fun times! The money isn't banked yet as I need to list purchases, however after a LOT....let me repeat that....a LOT of fuckery, dead ends, letdowns, broken promises and false starts over the last year we're finally rolling! I'm stoked and also somewhat apprehensive. I genuinely look forward to meeting you guys on camera and sharing some laughs. :thumb:

LMK if you need any consultation on anything production-related, or opinions on gear purchases.

I bought a fresh bottle of Jameson and am getting back to my hobby of altering my state of mind as much as possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Foreigner said:

LMK if you need any consultation on anything production-related, or opinions on gear purchases.

Definitely! Everything is as community-led as possible. The longer term goal is to invest in other contributers also, to enable projects and increase shared output. PM me.

A couple of weeks ago I smoked up some pork shoulder for pulled pork. I also smoked up a nice pork loin after cutting off a couple of two inch thick chops. We've been eating a bunch of pulled pork, and not touching the loin. This weekend I cubed it up and we made chili out of it.

Damn fine stuff, that.B-)

SR

• Like 1

Having moved back to Florida a couple years ago, I've found that the one thing I miss about Maryland winters is the excuse to stay indoors and make chili (and other soups). It's just not right in warmer weather.