Recently completed your newest creation?
Entry for July 2018's Guitar Of The Month contest is open to all!

ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

5 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Sure, the environment is in a constant state of change. Animals that can't cope die out, the ones that do flourish. We're more or less removing planks from our raft and wilfully ignoring the effects of sinking.

I will surf on the plank then :)

On 9/7/2017 at 1:10 PM, Norris said:

Oh - I nearly forgot. Have some Kim Wilde to lighten your day. Taken at the Rewind festival last month

DSC02056.thumb.JPG.d6ca796abe62bc0604341998d81780e2.JPG

wait--  Blondie played at that festival too??

Blondie DEBBIE HARRY Live 16 September 2011.JPG

On 09/09/2017 at 2:13 AM, Mr Natural said:

wait--  Blondie played at that festival too??

Unfortunately not :)

Quite a similar look going on though :D

Edited by Norris

SO my truck took a dump. It has been having intermittent dead battery and or not starting, just turning over. What a PITA. Well after a lot of research and everyone telling me it was the fuel pump and my alternator. Much testing on my part. I found that sometimes after turning off the truck that I had a draw on the battery and the fuel pump kept running. That was killing the battery. Other times, turn it off no draw but then no power to the fuel pump when trying to start again. What I found was it was the fuel pump relay was fucked up. Well that sounds easy? NOT!! It is hard soldered to the TIPM board which is the entire fuse box. Dodge wanted $1200.00 for a new one. Fuck that, I found a guy in West Virginia that rebuilds them for $265.00 Damn Skippy, I was on that like a June bug in the Summer. Just got it back and 5 mins to install. All fixed and working well. :) Now to get back to working on that damn CNC.

MK

• Like 1

car dealers, always ready to rip you off

(except cardealers who are also part of the great guitar community ofcourse :D )

There's a garage on the other side of my road. No official car dealership, just smart car-techs who help fix stuff at decent cost. Good to have as a neighbour.

so, been away for a week or so. Started a new job as a parttime math teacher to have some income next to my private business which needs time to build up.

when we just got back from Nicaragua my father has been diagnosed with lymfia-cancer. Given his health & age (79) he can't be given treatment anymore, So now he's at home. Fortunately I live close by so I can visit him and my Mom regularly. 

• Sad 1

That's rough, man. At the very least you can be there for and be with him. To me, that's all that matters. Good to hear that you have work; I remember when your last one ended. How long has that been now?

I'm currently suffering from recurrent headaches, which is really putting a dent in everything. The current headache has been "on" for three days now, left me unable to do anything on Sunday and now feels like a hangover. A three day hangover.

thanks @MiKro , @Prostheta

last job ended last year. in hindsight it was perfect timing with the adoption stuff coming, but it did put a dent in our savings...

In the meantime I did get some wood together for the next build. Will post some pics in my thread.

@Prostheta, very rarely i suffer headaches, but they really stop you from doing much. Hope it clears up soon

You and me both. They're not the kind of thing you go to the doctor about since any sort of cause is difficult to identify. Usually it's painkillers, a thimble of Victory gin and a slap on the back whilst you're sent back to the grindstone.

• Like 1

Fuck me, already to get more done and my wife gets the flu last week and now I feel like crap. Dammit, tired of this shit I need to get moving on my projects. LOL!! Have a Great Week All.

MK

Ah, don't you be dragging your weird swamp illnesses and passing them around the thread, old fart!

Still, have a great week yourself....!

• Haha 1