westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

Is this Texan welding week, or some sort of post-hurricane sticking metal to other bits of metal festival? :huh:

Oh man, we went to see Amorphis play last week in Tampere. Totally got the chorus of Sampo in my head as an earworm.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Is this Texan welding week, or some sort of post-hurricane sticking metal to other bits of metal festival? :huh:

Uh. Huh?

There is always welding to be done around here. Usually more welding than welders.

• Haha 1

I need a stone mason that will not rape me $$$ wise and fucking show up and do something. Damn I wish Wes could somehow weld this shit. He would be a King for a few days at my home. LOL!!!

MK

Been a while since i checked this area out. I had forgotten about it, since my bookmark had been set to the in progress section. good to see we still have a lot of long timers here.

Photobucket swallowed him whole.

He is in the belly of the beast now.

I've been on The Gear Page the whole time.

Figured I'd drop you losers, buy a nice Hawaiian shirt and hang out with the classy bastids.

• Haha 2

Hey Drak, What's up. Long Time since we heard from you. I'm still trying to replicate the lava effect. LMAO!!!!  Yep Photobucket screwed a lot of people.

So on another note: I fucked up my back again. :( I ordered an inline decompression thing from amazon, about $150. Gotta tell you, I tried it for 2 mins and the damn thing made me feel much better. WOW!!!! fuck going to the Dr and spending butt loads of $$$ LOL!!!

MK

Yep. Fuckers.

I'm too lazy at this point to upload everything to Imgur.

I was searching for info on a Floyd install, saw a good link, clicked on it, and it brought me here.

To my Own (old) post. Hilarious.

Like I reached back in time and grabbed myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drak said:

Yep. Fuckers.

I'm too lazy at this point to upload everything to Imgur.

LMAO!!!! We understand, that's why I have had my own website now for 17 years. I can put what I want on it and leak it out when I want

HI All, I have had back problems since the late 80's from an auto accident. Been in my back (surgery) 6 times. They want another go at it. NOT!!!
My back went out again about 5 days ago, been really painful again ( can barely walk, and have been using major meds as well ). So I bought me a decompression table from Amazon. I do not do well on an inversion table, gives me major headaches. When I started with this today I was leaning forward about 20+ degrees and listing to port 10 degrees. Now I am standing straight and with minimal back pain. I do mean minimal.

I put it together, painfully I may add ( it weighs only 25 lbs), dropped it to the garage floor, and reclined on it and stretched my back for 3 mins. It was painful as I was in full muscle spasm. Funny thing once I released the tension my pain was gone. I put on a Home Depot back support and helped my nephew with some large timber woodworking for about 4 hours with no problems. When reading the reviews I found many said that it hurt them? Obviously they don't understand decompression vs TRACTION.  Once tension is felt on the machine, 1 maybe 2 clicks is all that is needed. I just did it again for about 3 minutes and I feel great. Hopefully, this will keep the Dr. away from me. The sessions they wanted for me to do this at a PT place would have cost me $75 a day 3 days a week for 3 months. I bought this from Amazon for $150. LOL!! I'm am a very happy person again. :)

Just wanted to pass this along if you are having back issues and decompression may help ( talk with your Dr first ). 
Mike

This is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Line-Back-Stretch-Bench/dp/B005IQS7C4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1506831138&sr=8-8&keywords=spinal+decompression

I'll look into these things myself, Mike.

Drak - you are able to upload directly to here now. Costs us an absolute buttload, but it makes the site resilient. Can't do too much about the ones that Photobucket have already paywalled though. Yes. Fuckers.

So this is a new PG thing is it? Old bastards hanging themselves upside down in the garage? Isn't that one step removed from being found tied up by a belt in a hotel closet in Thailand?

Just remember do not over do the tension as then it becomes a RACK you know the torture device.  I think that is what most of the dumbasses that order it do, they crank it up and think they are going to pop there back like they do there knuckles.   LOL!!!

mk

56 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

So this is a new PG thing is it? Old bastards hanging themselves upside down in the garage? Isn't that one step removed from being found tied up by a belt in a hotel closet in Thailand?

It is not an inversion table, it lays flat on the floor. That is most likely the only problem with it. Since it is on the floor, getting down on the damn thing and then back up. LOL!!!

So it is  a new day and I got out of bed with no problems. A small sore spot in the low right side of my back. Standing up straight and walking fine. :) So yesterday I helped my nephew mill about 85bdft of maple to 50bdft. We had six 6/4 -7/4 maple boards each about 14 to 16 wide. had to rip all of them to get them through the planer. Only 2 were full length as I cross cut the others to 33 inches first. I am helping him make a solid 4x8 1-7/8" door with maple skins for staining.  it will have 2" mortise and tenon on the verticals and 1 " m/t on the horizontals. Damn thing will most likely weigh somewhere in the 200 to 250 range maybe more. He gets to have his carpenter make the frame and hang the damn thing. LOL!!! So needless to say even the 33inch pieces were not light. Must have run it all through the planer about 30 times each. removing a 1/32 at a time. what a PITA. Next step cut to size and ready for M/T.

mk

1 hour ago, MiKro said:

It is not an inversion table, it lays flat on the floor. That is most likely the only problem with it. Since it is on the floor, getting down on the damn thing and then back up. LOL!!!

Mike- 

That sucks you cant use the inversion table. I have had a couple of disc surgeries- they say I have "degenerative disc disease" I have had 2 disc surgeries removing parts of discs in my lower lumbar region. My issue is not muscular- but rather the disc will pop out- press against the sciatic nerve- and then the pain (think stabbed with knife) starts in my thigh. The inversion table actually helps me get my discs "back in" by taking that compression of body weight and gravity off. The one "as seen on tv" type product that actually works. I have also used arm straps (the ones you hang by to do leg lifts with) just to hand and let my discs stretch out a bit. Amazing what a little stretch can do. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Natural said:

Mike- 

That sucks you cant use the inversion table. I have had a couple of disc surgeries- they say I have "degenerative disc disease" I have had 2 disc surgeries removing parts of discs in my lower lumbar region. My issue is not muscular- but rather the disc will pop out- press against the sciatic nerve- and then the pain (think stabbed with knife) starts in my thigh. The inversion table actually helps me get my discs "back in" by taking that compression of body weight and gravity off. The one "as seen on tv" type product that actually works. I have also used arm straps (the ones you hang by to do leg lifts with) just to hand and let my discs stretch out a bit. Amazing what a little stretch can do. 

Well this table does the same thing, it allows you to decompress the spine. Just does not use your body weight and gravity, it actually stretches you. LOL!!  So it is working for me so I am a Happy camper is I am all familiar with slipped disc, nerve pains, fusion and "degenerative disc disease"

MK

Kill drak good to see y'all back.

Mike not so good to see y'all back. I hope that trick keeps working I occasionally have problems and I know it's miserable I feel for you.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2017 at 3:31 PM, Drak said:

Who are you people?

Is this a bad dream I'm having?

:lol::lol::lol:

The master has returned to us! I knew you would be back!