February 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open - ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

6 minutes ago, westhemann said:

Jeez.. that table showed up via UPS today. Where is the shipping point? A block away?

My guess is Amazon? they have a huge warehouse in Dallas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westhemann said:

Jeez.. that table showed up via UPS today. Where is the shipping point? A block away?

Most likely Austin or Dallas. :) Remember not too much tension. :) Also save the box in the event you decide to send it back within 30days.

55 minutes ago, westhemann said:

That thing works pretty well, Mike. Too bad it won't stretch my neck out too though.

I thought the same thing. :) That would great if it did. I use it about twice a day, minimal stretch but I can tell the difference already, I hope in about a week or so I will notice even more change as each time the relief seems to last a little longer. I wish I could find a way to get it up on a bench so I didn't have to get on the damn floor. LMAO!!!

edited to add: I would not have said anything about it had it not given me some relief. I hope it works for you as well overtime. :)

mk

I was thinking about trying to attach it to something on a steep inline. Like a 70 degree angle or something. It really is tough to get out of.

2 hours ago, westhemann said:

I was thinking about trying to attach it to something on a steep inline. Like a 70 degree angle or something. It really is tough to get out of.

I know, LMAO!!!! But damn, I feel better after I use it.

Anyone know an easy way to measure the force of a gas spring? I bought a new Miter saw stand that collapses and rolls around. When you lift it, it is gas spring assisted to help raise the saw. It says it will work with up to a 70lb miter saw. BS, It maybe helps by 5lbs. My saw weighs in at 58lbs. I need to figure out what this one is so I can replace it with a stronger one. There are no markings on it as it is a Dewalt and they don't have a clue? So any ideas how to test the force of it once I get it off would be great. Due too the leverage on the stand design, I wont guess, so I must measure it directly.

MK

11 hours ago, MiKro said:

Anyone know an easy way to measure the force of a gas spring? I bought a new Miter saw stand that collapses and rolls around. When you lift it, it is gas spring assisted to help raise the saw. It says it will work with up to a 70lb miter saw. BS, It maybe helps by 5lbs. My saw weighs in at 58lbs. I need to figure out what this one is so I can replace it with a stronger one. There are no markings on it as it is a Dewalt and they don't have a clue? So any ideas how to test the force of it once I get it off would be great. Due too the leverage on the stand design, I wont guess, so I must measure it directly.

MK

Would this help? http://www.engineersedge.com/calculators/levers/page_levers_3.htm

You can tweak the settings so that the weight is at the end of the beam and the force applied somewhere in the middle

Edited by Norris
  • Like 1

Yeah, if it works as a class one lever with the gas strut at the fulcrum point. I think the point of those is that you lift the whole thing, and the 5lbs (or so) of force is there just to open out the frame rather than take the tool's weight? Or at least, maybe that's how they justify a crappy gas strut.

You could always install a car airbag underneath, however the reset procedure is not that easy. :mellow:

• Haha 1

Thanks guys all good ideas. They make a tool for this but they are expensive. I might be able to apply Norris's idea using a torque wrench? Will have to think about that.

MK

On 04/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, MiKro said:

Thanks guys all good ideas. They make a tool for this but they are expensive. I might be able to apply Norris's idea using a torque wrench? Will have to think about that.

MK

Using that calculator you should be able to "do the math" :D

However as Pros says, the gas strut is probably designed to assist in the lift rather than take the full weight

3 hours ago, Norris said:

Using that calculator you should be able to "do the math" :D

However as Pros says, the gas strut is probably designed to assist in the lift rather than take the full weight

Yep it would be great if it would ASSIST in the lift. It does not do a damn thing as far as I can tell.

As many of you know I have a lot of health problems. One being, I have a blood condition that makes it very easy for me to have blood clots. I have been on anticoagulants for over 40 years now. About 8 months ago I changed from the Name Brand of med I have used for 40 years to a new one (generic). Well, over those past 8 months I have begun to notice all kinds of problems. Mainly joint and muscle aches that I never had. Thinking that I was just pushing myself more than usual I just slowed down? I also have experienced being tired and just plain exhausted. The problems have continued to get worse and include every frigging joint and muscle I have now from head to toe. I spend painful time in bed more than anything at this point as trying to walk and move around is just getting to be impossible. Tendonitis is also another problem that has risen. Now mind you that until this past week, I did not put 2 and 2 together. Yes, these are side effects of this med. I never experienced this ever with the original branded one?

RANT FOR THE DAY!!!!!

So now I will need to switch back. OUCH!!! that is going to a be at a painful cost to me. What used to cost me about $20 a month for the original med will now be $400+. ( That was the reason I changed 8 months ago as the price went sky high because Insurance won't cover the original anymore, only generic ) Damn, I can't function like I am and the cost to go back is going to fuck up my savings plan and make monthly shit that much harder. Frigging medical crap is so out of control now and I see nothing good in sight for the future of medical costs? No, socialized medicine won't help, I am already on medicare and most Advantage plans do not have prescription plans anymore so plan D is required which does not cover shit. My wife's and my prescriptions went from about $200 month total to over $1500 when that changed. Again the reason for us to have to use subpar generics to lower the cost (thanks Obama Care).

So hopefully, in the next few months I will be getting better and can get some shit done at what ever cost, I plan on being around a little longer. LOL!!

Okay Done with my RANT for the day.

Hope everyone has a Great week!

MK

Are you sure that the generics are the definite cause of the effects you're experiencing? It's easy to attribute them to the change, however unless you have a direct correlation you shouldn't be too ready to go back to the original meds. Maybe A/Bing them with a period of observation to truly prove this? It's worth ruling it out or confirming at the very least.

1 hour ago, Prostheta said:

Are you sure that the generics are the definite cause of the effects you're experiencing? It's easy to attribute them to the change, however unless you have a direct correlation you shouldn't be too ready to go back to the original meds. Maybe A/Bing them with a period of observation to truly prove this? It's worth ruling it out or confirming at the very least.

Only way to rule them out is to change back then compare. That may take some time. The Doctors have not been able to find any other reason for trouble so far. That being said, the only thing changed has been that one med. It is the only prescription med I take anymore unless an antibiotic or something in regard to a specific medical issue, which at this time and for a while has not been happening since everything has been under control now for over a year. They have been thinking I strained my tendons, or muscles or maybe arthritis was on coming. The Scans have shown nothing. and it is getting worse. So I will go with my plan to go backwards and see what happens. I had this exact same issue with another med for cholesterol but it manifested itself in a matter of a week. I did not realize that this same side effect was with this SPECIFIC med I am now on and some other generics of this type. This has progressed over the past 7 months and getting worse. I did find a coupon that will make it only about $60 a month so that is reasonable. Will see what happens?

mk

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Hopefully something manageable, that's what. Yeah, that's a lot better than the other number.....

Damn Skippy it is. :) I see my Dr. in the morning again. She wants to do some more blood work? Uh!! Okay? Did we miss something on the last visit 2 weeks ago? Will see what's up?

mk

So a full gammit of blood work. Also have to go get some scans. So will see what happens. Also changed my meds as she suspects that may be the problem?

MK

hope things turn out for the better @mikro

being in the medical merry-go-round sucks

• Like 1

So after a a large steroid shot in the ass and no sleep again,  I feel much better today. The Dr. told me that if It was a reaction to the meds the shot should help. Hot damn! IT DID!!!! I hope this is over and I can move on without any relapse.

mk