Entry for December's Guitar Of The Month contest is now open!
http://www.projectguitar.com/forums/topic/49144-guitar-of-the-month-december-2017/

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

westhemann    302

Not a bad idea,but I was going to tie it all together with double 3/4 plywood(from exposed subfloor to bottom of RR tie) before weatherproofing and covering with vertical sheeting as underpinning already.

I've already nailed the floor joists to them as well.

westhemann    302

I'll be glad when I get to the inside work so I can get the electrical run and work after dark.

A buddy of mine talked me into using Pex for the plumbing. I was against it until I realized it would be much easier. I hate running back and forth to the hardware store for fittings and pipe.

MiKro    142
2 hours ago, westhemann said:

Not a bad idea,but I was going to tie it all together with double 3/4 plywood(from exposed subfloor to bottom of RR tie) before weatherproofing and covering with vertical sheeting as underpinning already.

I've already nailed the floor joists to them as well.

That will work, may I suggest though using a good PVA glue with it and using a good nailing schedule. usually, on 2" to 2-1/2"  centers. I know they have creasote on them but a small amount of roughing up the surface where the plates will be should be enough to allow the glue to penetrate some providing a better bond.

mk

westhemann    302

Got the first side all supported. Not level yet because I need a laser. Going to go get one so tomorrow I can level it.

20171204_135339.jpg

Prostheta    1,255

Why'd you even need a laser when plastic tubing and Pascal's law of communicating vessels is sufficient?

westhemann    302

I like lasers.

Water levels are cool, but in my line of work I use lasers a lot. Now that I have a welding truck, not having a PS5 is kind of embarrassing. If I was going to buy tubing I'd have to go to the same store that has the lasers, and I would still need a laser for work.

westhemann    302

Well, it didn't take long to get the laser. They had one of those nifty cross line lasers that runs a line in about a 100 MOA arc,  so I was able to set everything.

Tomorrow is a big chance for rain as well as the day the latest Destiny DLC drops, so I am glad to get this side done.  As bad as D2 is, I still want to stay current with the changes. Probably be biring as fuck again in a week, but hey...I will at least have a few hours of fun.

20171204_160957.jpg

20171204_163549.jpg

20171204_163639.jpg

• Like 1

MiKro    142

It is that time of year. The holiday season is definitely in full swing.

With that, I want to offer CHEERS to Everyone! I wish you all a Great Holiday Season!

I pray your homes will be blessed with family, friends and joy throughout the coming days and years to follow.

Mike

me1.jpg

• Like 1

westhemann    302

I didn't do a damn thing today except sit on my couch and play my Xbox. Good thing I got that side finished yesterday. Tomorrow I have to stay close to the door because all my fancy bear/elk meat is supposed to arrive and it will need instant refrigeration.

• Like 1

ScottR    1,365

Oh. I'm  a part time vegetarian too. Most days I'm a vegetarian at breakfast and lunch...and go carnivore at dinner.

SR

westhemann    302

Speaking of, it came in right on time.

I plan on a Bear roast for Christmas, but I ordered a small brisket to try out first. If bear tastes good I'll cook the bigger chuck for Christmas. If not, I'll cook the elk.

ScottR    1,365

It's more of an attempt to eat healthy than it is about animal hugging.

Likewise.

Do they offer muskox steaks too?

SR

Prostheta    1,255

I'd say a bit like deer too, but it depends on what time of year it was taken down and what it'd been eating. Bears that forage in the Berry forests are different to fish fed or even trash can bear.

Prostheta    1,255

Bears R Us?

Went driving up the coast on the islands yesterday for Finnish independence day. Thankfully, hit zero moose, deer or bears.

100 years of independence from Russia....maybe if the US kicks the Trumpanzee out of office, you'll get in one year of that same independence next year. :lol:

MiKro    142

F me, had to move a bunch of crap to get to my heaters. It was 40* in the shop this morning. We are supposed to get our first freeze in the morning. :) I like cold weather but dammit let me get done with my tedious soldering work first. It is damn hard to do when your hands are cold. LOL!!!

MK

MiKro    142

It's snowing here, Mike. Not just a little either.  Here! In freaking Mcdade!

LMAO, yep it went South of DFW. enjoy my friend. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could be worse could be ice. :)