Entry for August 2018's Guitar Of The Month contest is open to all!
ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

It was -5°C/23°F yesterday. No big deal. Jan should be a harder winter, maybe going -20°C/-4°F at t times. Could be warmer, could be colder. It's better cold anyway. Pissing around freezing and you've just got slippery conditions. Cold is dry, crisp, quiet and beautiful.

13 hours ago, westhemann said:

It's snowing here, Mike. Not just a little either.  Here! In freaking Mcdade!

20171207_185257.jpg

20171207_185306.jpg

That's almost what my yard looked like this morning too.....in Houston for crying out loud.

SR

• Haha 1

You've got more than us at the moment! It melted slightly into sheet ice this morning and we're probably around both sides of freezing until next week.

Wish it was here, I want to get a video of my old fat cat rolling around in it. He loves to play in the snow. LOL.

MK

Well, this sucks. All the snow is melting and soaking the ground under where I levelled that house. Now I have to wait for it to dry and see if it shifted.

I guess when I do that I better prioritize getting the underpinning back in so that won't happen again.

• Haha 1

Only a couple of spots dropped a half inch, and no rain for a couple of weeks forecasted, so I'll be back in business tomorrow.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, westhemann said:

Only a couple of spots dropped a half inch, and no rain for a couple of weeks forecasted, so I'll be back in business tomorrow.

That's not bad really. In Texas the foundation specs  for inspection/engineering are 3/4" variance within every 20ft.  :)

mk

My back felt really good today, so I got a lot done on the second side of the house. Unfortunately, the bill always comes due.

So I guess I'll be sitting on my couch with the muscle relaxers for the rest of the day.

• Haha 1

I just had to let my dog out, the door was already open he wouldn't go out until I touched the door knob.

• Confused 1

One of my dogs is like that when coming back in. I'll hold the door open and he'll come to within 8 feet of the door and sit down and look at me. I've got to shut the door and then open it back up and then he'll come bounding in.

SR

• Haha 1