Entry for August 2018's Guitar Of The Month contest is open to all!
ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

51 minutes ago, westhemann said:

Yeah. I read today the Attorney General is filing suit trying to get Net Neutrality back. I hope it works.

I hope so too. The knock-on effect for the rest of the world is frightening. Imagine being billed more for using too much data on a site that your package doesn't allow, such as YouTube or NetFlix? Or being throttled to dialup speed on Facebook?

6 hours ago, Prostheta said:

>snip< Imagine being billed more for using too much data on a site that your package doesn't allow, such as YouTube or NetFlix? Or being throttled to dialup speed on Facebook?

If that happens, I will be cutting all cords.  Go RedBox!!! :)

mk

1 hour ago, MiKro said:

If that happens, I will be cutting all cords.  Go RedBox!!! :)

mk

Same here. I'm not going broke for that crap.

Anyway. Cleaned some of the house today. Before ya'll start thinking this is going to be an easy project, let me show you what I'm working with.

This is bare bones as it sits after cleaning. This is the room closest to the front door.

As you can see, there is a bunch of sheetrock work to be done  on the walls.  The ceiling will be replaced altogether.

20171218_132306.jpg

This is the worst part right here. There was a fire 20 something years ago. This is also where I took the floor out to get the jacks in.

Looks terrible, I know. Can you believe that little wall heater?

20171218_131519.jpg

A few years back when I was totally bored out of my skull I mixed a bunch of partial cans of paint together and created a few colors, which I then applied. I started creating a bedroom/living area and since at the time I had no money I just used what I had on hand...and although I obviously never finished it, I'll be picking up where I left off.

20171218_131318.jpg

Edited by westhemann

Only thing I know for sure is that the ceiling will be the same pine tongue in groove I used in my conex. I don't think I am going to be doing overhead lights. Rather, I prefer lamps, so I am really considering running a special set of outlets  hooked up to a light switch to run lamps from. I really prefer lamp lighting.

Edited by westhemann
  • Like 1

Just as a side note about where I live. This house has been sitting abandoned for over a decade right across the street from a school, yet never in all that time has a rock been thrown through a window or anything been messed with. 

Yeah, Mike. The only places where I actually need to replace wood is where the fire damage is. The firemen did an excellent job of breaking out what they had to in order to get the fire out without creating a ton of water damage.

And guess what? Underneath that tile the entire floor throughout the house is that T&G pine that you see in the one pic. 

• Like 1

I see a blank canvas, yeah- a lot of hard work, but as Mikro said- totally doable. Good deal onthe floors underneath the tiles- that will save major $. 

Careful with those floor tiles Wes- incase they are 70s/80s mfg. Asbestos could be present. 

Tomorrow will be better. The meteor is going to hit any day now.

Trump says we're going to be sick of winning, and if you can't trust our Tang colored Potus, what color Potus can you trust?

I just ran across this:

" In Finland, traffic violation fines are calculated as percentage of the offender’s income. So, in 2002 when the Nokia director was caught speeding, he got a $12.5 million speeding ticket. "

Now I know why the insanely wealthy have their own drivers and pay them peanuts.

SR

Wow. That's just crazy.

Don't worry though, soon I'm sure the Donald will make it where those who make over 250k /year will have their tickets paid out of our Social Security.

• Haha 1

I loath Insurance Companies.

When contacting someone, I would hope they have supporting documents, with facts relevant to said claim, before acting upon the same. The ability to not read their own documentation in its entirety is exasperating and will result in less than pleasant communications with the claimant.

MK

Whoa whoa whoa!

You have to WARN somebody before you start speaking legal-eze.

Now my eyes are crossed and I have a headache. Where's my beer?

11 minutes ago, westhemann said:

Whoa whoa whoa!

You have to WARN somebody before you start speaking legal-eze.

Now my eyes are crossed and I have a headache. Where's my beer?

LMAO!!!! Sorry Wes, I'm just pissed off. An insurance company is trying to fuck me out of 1000s of dollars with no supporting documentation. They have even started to reduce payments they owe me as well as want me to repay them almost 10K. When I talked with the person she could not explain to me there position or produce any documetation. I challenged her with a document they have and her response was the values I gave her were a coincidence. WTF? Sorry, I have now got all of my docs together and loaded for bear. LOL!! I can support every penny and now they owe me. Hopefully they will not be dumb enough to say no, if they do say no, then I get to work with, yes that's correct, A slime ball Attorney.

WTF?? People just cannot do there fucking jobs anymore. I have wasted 5 days on this shit and it should never have happened.

MK